|By Marketwired .||
|October 31, 2012 08:00 AM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/31/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Electro-Wire, Inc.®, a leading wire and cable distributor and contract manufacturer serving telecommunications, transportation, military and government organizations, has implemented Oracle's SPARC T4 servers with Oracle Solaris to power its Oracle E-Business Suite.
- As part of a migration to the Oracle E-Business Suite, Electro-Wire, Inc. required a more robust hardware platform to support its enterprise resource planning system, and selected Oracle's SPARC T4-1 servers for their high performance, reliability and virtualization capabilities.
- Oracle's SPARC T4-1 server infrastructure will support all functions required by Electro-Wire, Inc. for its wire and cable distribution and contract manufacturing business, including inventory management, order processing, forecasting, engineering and logistics, for an improved customer experience.
- Oracle's SPARC T4-1 servers are expected to deliver a 30-40 percent increase in performance compared to its previous solution, which will help accelerate batch processing and increase the number of jobs that can be run.
- Electro-Wire, Inc. is also virtualizing their Oracle E-Business Suite deployment using Oracle VM Server for SPARC software with Oracle Solaris ZFS for redundancy and disaster recovery.
- Oracle VM will help Electro-Wire, Inc. streamline the process of creating database file copies, setting up CPUs and memory, and importing the ZFS volume. In addition, Electro-Wire, Inc. has created virtual containers for Oracle Solaris, so it can be moved to different systems, if needed.
- Oracle Solaris ZFS provides an additional level of system reliability and application performance through the integration of file system and volume management capabilities and gives Electro-Wire, Inc. the flexibility to add or remove storage dynamically without interrupting services.
- While Electro-Wire, Inc. is currently running its entire IT environment in a single-tier architecture, Oracle's SPARC T4-1 servers also provide the flexibility to easily run applications in a multi-tier environment.
- Electro-Wire, Inc. is using Oracle Financial Management, Oracle Human Capital Management, Oracle Order Management, Oracle Supply Chain Planning, and Oracle Manufacturing.
- "To support our company-wide migration to the Oracle E-Business Suite, we saw the need for server infrastructure that would help improve our system performance and reliability, as well as enable us to deploy virtualization," said Andrew Hartley, IT Director, Electro-Wire, Inc. "By running our business on Oracle SPARC T4-1 servers along with Oracle Solaris and Oracle VM, we have been able to significantly improve our operating efficiency, which in turn has given our customers an improved end-to-end user experience."
- Electro-Wire, Inc.
- Oracle SPARC T-Series Servers
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle VM
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Jul. 2, 2015 03:18 PM EDT Reads: 463
Jul. 2, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,174
Jul. 2, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,189
Jul. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,035
Jul. 2, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,019
Jul. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,038
Jul. 2, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 828
Jul. 2, 2015 09:24 AM EDT Reads: 575
Jul. 2, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,302
Jul. 2, 2015 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 917
Jun. 29, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,733
Jun. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,212
Jun. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,566
Jun. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,267
Jun. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,282
Jun. 26, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,274
Jun. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,153
Jun. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,054
Jun. 25, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,210
Jun. 22, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,867