|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing customer leadership, innovation and partnership efforts, Oracle presented the 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards to eight companies at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The annual awards recognize the achievements of companies that have demonstrated innovation and exceptional performance in the following categories:
- Customer Experience - Subaru of America, Inc. and Hyundai Capital America
- Integrated Business Operations - General Dynamics Information Technology, Leggett & Platt and DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- Enterprise Transformation - Mazda Motor Corporation and GE Home and Business Solutions
Subaru of America, Inc.
- Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) is the United States Sales and Marketing subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries of Japan and is responsible for the distribution, marketing, sales and service of Subaru vehicles in the United States.
- Subaru of America needed to consolidate multiple silos of customer information to make intelligent, strategic business decisions and more effectively position Subaru vehicles to existing and prospective drivers.
- Standardizing on a complete Oracle Red Stack of applications, middleware, technology and hardware, Subaru of America runs the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Oracle SOA Suite to support one-to-one marketing campaigns, sales leads, customer and vehicle service and the order-to-delivery lifecycle across 1.5 million customers and 600 dealerships.
- By consolidating and removing silos, Subaru of America can effectively examine customer behaviors, interests, passions and desires throughout the research, purchase and ownership lifecycle -- helping to grow market share, sales and profit margins.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), one of General Dynamics' 13 business units, provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services, as well as simulation and training to customers in the defense, Federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government, and commercial sectors.
- GDIT needed to transform its business and redefine the way it conducts financial and operational business planning to drive down costs and time to value, while simultaneously driving up the quality of the solutions to maximize contract investments and resource utilization.
- To achieve these goals, GDIT consolidated numerous disparate planning applications and spreadsheets into one enterprise performance management platform. Centralizing on Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Planning Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g, GDIT accelerated development of forward pricing rates, providing sufficient time to react to compliance requirements and analyze rate information. It can now write more accurate commentary to support rate changes and meet submission deadlines consistently and efficiently while increasing contract compliance.
DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services (DRS-IDSS) provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber warfare, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, control systems and unmanned technologies. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with more than 3,000 employees around the globe.
- DRS-IDSS needed to increase efficiency and identify new opportunities for growth.
- To support these objectives, DRS-IDSS built an integrated business operations platform with Oracle E-Business Suite supply chain and manufacturing applications, Primavera project management applications and Hyperion enterprise performance management solutions. By organizing its operations by function across lines of business, DRS-IDSS has consolidated operations and data and improved its ability to leverage information across multiple legacy systems, share assets and measure and report in a consistent way. Its goal is to improve engineering and manufacturing efficiency and time to market.
- Providing a clear market differentiator for DRS-IDSS, the company is using the solution to achieve improved inventory reconciliation on-time delivery and risk mitigation to 90 percent. It optimized estimate at completion (EAC) forecasting within against actual costs.
Leggett & Platt
- Leggett & Platt (Leggett) is a diversified manufacturer and member of the S&P 500 that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in homes, offices and automobiles. It is the leading United States producer of components for residential furniture and bedding; components for office furniture; drawn steel wire; automotive seat support and lumbar systems; carpet cushion; adjustable beds; and bedding industry machinery for wire forming, sewing, and quilting.
- In a span of nearly 130 years, Leggett & Platt evolved into a decentralized and extremely diversified company. Focused on continuous improvement, the management team saw an opportunity for the company to run even more efficiently and improve its ability to act on better data to gain a more accurate understanding of the health of the organization, nationally and globally.
- Leggett & Platt implemented an integrated business operations solution that envisions a unique "one-number S&OP" supported by Oracle's Demantra Demand Planning, Advanced Forecasting and Sales and Operations Planning. For its supply chain operations, Leggett & Platt runs Oracle's PeopleSoft Procurement and Oracle Transportation Management. To optimize financial performance, the company depends on Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Essbase, KPI Cube and Profitability and Cost Management.
- Through its business strategy and integrated business planning solution powered by Oracle, Leggett & Platt looks to consistently rank in the top one-third of the S&P 500 based on total shareholder return and deliver 4 percent to 5 percent annual growth and possess the number one or two spots in most of its target markets.
Mazda Motor Corporation
- Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) and its Zoom-Zoom spirit, sells more than 1.2 million vehicles annually, Mazda makes passenger cars, commercial vehicles and crossover sport utility vehicles. It includes more than 50 subsidiaries, such as Mazda Motor of America, Europe and Australia. The company manufactures in Japan, China and Thailand.
- Mazda is transforming the way it operates its business, designs its cars and manages its systems' infrastructure on a global scale. The company expects to reduce the costs of building and maintaining IT systems, helping to reduce time to implementation and improve productivity, performance, profits and its driver experiences.
- After a competitive review process, Mazda selected Oracle and Oracle Japan solutions to integrate its global information systems into a complete structure that enables it to respond rapidly to market and operational changes. To date, Mazda has implemented Oracle enterprise performance management solutions, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle CRM solutions, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle Value Chain Planning, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Database Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and other solutions.
GE Home and Business Solutions
- GE Home & Business Solutions is an $8.6 billion business that includes Appliances and Lighting and Intelligent Platforms teams. These global businesses offer customers energy efficiency and productivity solutions through innovative appliances, lighting, embedded/control systems and software platforms.
- With the recent decline in consumer spending, the retail market faced a significant drop in new appliance sales. To maintain profitability in this challenging market, GE Home and Business Solutions reorganized its operational structure, standardized critical business processes and consolidated more than 500 applications on an Oracle platform. Referred to as "ERP+", this initiative enabled the division to cut costs 70 percent and return 1,000 jobs from China to the U.S.
- Specifically, GE Home and Business Solutions uses the Oracle E-Business Suite to manage its supply chain operations and its order ship bill processes. Additionally, the company uses Oracle CRM.
- "Innovation and efficiency are fundamental to success in the manufacturing industry, and the right mix can enable enterprises to weather and thrive in even challenging economic times. The winners of Oracle's 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards exemplify these tenets and demonstrate the important role that thoughtful IT strategy can play in achieving and maintaining a competitive edge," said Sasha Banks, senior director of manufacturing industry strategy and marketing. "Oracle is honored to work with the industry's leading manufacturing innovators to define the next generation of this market."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the automotive, industrial manufacturing and aerospace and defense industries, helping to speed time to market, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,489
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,469
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,544
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 822
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 940
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 865
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,763
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,537
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,485
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,499
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,668
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,808
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,001
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,517
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,386
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,355
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,720
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,219
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,041