|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing customer leadership, innovation and partnership efforts, Oracle presented the 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards to eight companies at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The annual awards recognize the achievements of companies that have demonstrated innovation and exceptional performance in the following categories:
- Customer Experience - Subaru of America, Inc. and Hyundai Capital America
- Integrated Business Operations - General Dynamics Information Technology, Leggett & Platt and DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- Enterprise Transformation - Mazda Motor Corporation and GE Home and Business Solutions
Subaru of America, Inc.
- Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) is the United States Sales and Marketing subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries of Japan and is responsible for the distribution, marketing, sales and service of Subaru vehicles in the United States.
- Subaru of America needed to consolidate multiple silos of customer information to make intelligent, strategic business decisions and more effectively position Subaru vehicles to existing and prospective drivers.
- Standardizing on a complete Oracle Red Stack of applications, middleware, technology and hardware, Subaru of America runs the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Oracle SOA Suite to support one-to-one marketing campaigns, sales leads, customer and vehicle service and the order-to-delivery lifecycle across 1.5 million customers and 600 dealerships.
- By consolidating and removing silos, Subaru of America can effectively examine customer behaviors, interests, passions and desires throughout the research, purchase and ownership lifecycle -- helping to grow market share, sales and profit margins.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), one of General Dynamics' 13 business units, provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services, as well as simulation and training to customers in the defense, Federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government, and commercial sectors.
- GDIT needed to transform its business and redefine the way it conducts financial and operational business planning to drive down costs and time to value, while simultaneously driving up the quality of the solutions to maximize contract investments and resource utilization.
- To achieve these goals, GDIT consolidated numerous disparate planning applications and spreadsheets into one enterprise performance management platform. Centralizing on Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Planning Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g, GDIT accelerated development of forward pricing rates, providing sufficient time to react to compliance requirements and analyze rate information. It can now write more accurate commentary to support rate changes and meet submission deadlines consistently and efficiently while increasing contract compliance.
DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services (DRS-IDSS) provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber warfare, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, control systems and unmanned technologies. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with more than 3,000 employees around the globe.
- DRS-IDSS needed to increase efficiency and identify new opportunities for growth.
- To support these objectives, DRS-IDSS built an integrated business operations platform with Oracle E-Business Suite supply chain and manufacturing applications, Primavera project management applications and Hyperion enterprise performance management solutions. By organizing its operations by function across lines of business, DRS-IDSS has consolidated operations and data and improved its ability to leverage information across multiple legacy systems, share assets and measure and report in a consistent way. Its goal is to improve engineering and manufacturing efficiency and time to market.
- Providing a clear market differentiator for DRS-IDSS, the company is using the solution to achieve improved inventory reconciliation on-time delivery and risk mitigation to 90 percent. It optimized estimate at completion (EAC) forecasting within against actual costs.
Leggett & Platt
- Leggett & Platt (Leggett) is a diversified manufacturer and member of the S&P 500 that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in homes, offices and automobiles. It is the leading United States producer of components for residential furniture and bedding; components for office furniture; drawn steel wire; automotive seat support and lumbar systems; carpet cushion; adjustable beds; and bedding industry machinery for wire forming, sewing, and quilting.
- In a span of nearly 130 years, Leggett & Platt evolved into a decentralized and extremely diversified company. Focused on continuous improvement, the management team saw an opportunity for the company to run even more efficiently and improve its ability to act on better data to gain a more accurate understanding of the health of the organization, nationally and globally.
- Leggett & Platt implemented an integrated business operations solution that envisions a unique "one-number S&OP" supported by Oracle's Demantra Demand Planning, Advanced Forecasting and Sales and Operations Planning. For its supply chain operations, Leggett & Platt runs Oracle's PeopleSoft Procurement and Oracle Transportation Management. To optimize financial performance, the company depends on Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Essbase, KPI Cube and Profitability and Cost Management.
- Through its business strategy and integrated business planning solution powered by Oracle, Leggett & Platt looks to consistently rank in the top one-third of the S&P 500 based on total shareholder return and deliver 4 percent to 5 percent annual growth and possess the number one or two spots in most of its target markets.
Mazda Motor Corporation
- Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) and its Zoom-Zoom spirit, sells more than 1.2 million vehicles annually, Mazda makes passenger cars, commercial vehicles and crossover sport utility vehicles. It includes more than 50 subsidiaries, such as Mazda Motor of America, Europe and Australia. The company manufactures in Japan, China and Thailand.
- Mazda is transforming the way it operates its business, designs its cars and manages its systems' infrastructure on a global scale. The company expects to reduce the costs of building and maintaining IT systems, helping to reduce time to implementation and improve productivity, performance, profits and its driver experiences.
- After a competitive review process, Mazda selected Oracle and Oracle Japan solutions to integrate its global information systems into a complete structure that enables it to respond rapidly to market and operational changes. To date, Mazda has implemented Oracle enterprise performance management solutions, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle CRM solutions, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle Value Chain Planning, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Database Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and other solutions.
GE Home and Business Solutions
- GE Home & Business Solutions is an $8.6 billion business that includes Appliances and Lighting and Intelligent Platforms teams. These global businesses offer customers energy efficiency and productivity solutions through innovative appliances, lighting, embedded/control systems and software platforms.
- With the recent decline in consumer spending, the retail market faced a significant drop in new appliance sales. To maintain profitability in this challenging market, GE Home and Business Solutions reorganized its operational structure, standardized critical business processes and consolidated more than 500 applications on an Oracle platform. Referred to as "ERP+", this initiative enabled the division to cut costs 70 percent and return 1,000 jobs from China to the U.S.
- Specifically, GE Home and Business Solutions uses the Oracle E-Business Suite to manage its supply chain operations and its order ship bill processes. Additionally, the company uses Oracle CRM.
- "Innovation and efficiency are fundamental to success in the manufacturing industry, and the right mix can enable enterprises to weather and thrive in even challenging economic times. The winners of Oracle's 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards exemplify these tenets and demonstrate the important role that thoughtful IT strategy can play in achieving and maintaining a competitive edge," said Sasha Banks, senior director of manufacturing industry strategy and marketing. "Oracle is honored to work with the industry's leading manufacturing innovators to define the next generation of this market."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the automotive, industrial manufacturing and aerospace and defense industries, helping to speed time to market, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Feb. 27, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,167
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 27, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 837
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it m...
Feb. 27, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 7,955
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:45 PM EST Reads: 7,368
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 2,256
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,973
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,200
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 27, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 2,600
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, whic...
Feb. 27, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 2,135
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Feb. 27, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 8,310
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 27, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 638
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Steve Wilkes, CTO and founder of Striim, will delve into four enterprise-scale, business-critical case studies where streaming analytics serves as the key to enabling real-time data integration and right-time insights in hybrid cloud, IoT, and fog computing environments. As part of this discussion, he will also present a demo based on its partnership with Fujitsu, highlighting their technologies in a healthcare IoT use-case. The demo showcases the tracking of patie...
Feb. 27, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,510
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life settle...
Feb. 27, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,870
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Feb. 27, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 2,338
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Feb. 27, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,660
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Academy will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloud Academy is the industry’s most innovative, vendor-neutral cloud technology training platform. Cloud Academy provides continuous learning solutions for individuals and enterprise teams for Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and the most popular cloud computing technologies. Ge...
Feb. 27, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,015
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Feb. 27, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,559
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,105
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 3,288
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Feb. 27, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 6,773