|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing customer leadership, innovation and partnership efforts, Oracle presented the 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards to eight companies at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The annual awards recognize the achievements of companies that have demonstrated innovation and exceptional performance in the following categories:
- Customer Experience - Subaru of America, Inc. and Hyundai Capital America
- Integrated Business Operations - General Dynamics Information Technology, Leggett & Platt and DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- Enterprise Transformation - Mazda Motor Corporation and GE Home and Business Solutions
Subaru of America, Inc.
- Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) is the United States Sales and Marketing subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries of Japan and is responsible for the distribution, marketing, sales and service of Subaru vehicles in the United States.
- Subaru of America needed to consolidate multiple silos of customer information to make intelligent, strategic business decisions and more effectively position Subaru vehicles to existing and prospective drivers.
- Standardizing on a complete Oracle Red Stack of applications, middleware, technology and hardware, Subaru of America runs the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Oracle SOA Suite to support one-to-one marketing campaigns, sales leads, customer and vehicle service and the order-to-delivery lifecycle across 1.5 million customers and 600 dealerships.
- By consolidating and removing silos, Subaru of America can effectively examine customer behaviors, interests, passions and desires throughout the research, purchase and ownership lifecycle -- helping to grow market share, sales and profit margins.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), one of General Dynamics' 13 business units, provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services, as well as simulation and training to customers in the defense, Federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government, and commercial sectors.
- GDIT needed to transform its business and redefine the way it conducts financial and operational business planning to drive down costs and time to value, while simultaneously driving up the quality of the solutions to maximize contract investments and resource utilization.
- To achieve these goals, GDIT consolidated numerous disparate planning applications and spreadsheets into one enterprise performance management platform. Centralizing on Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Planning Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g, GDIT accelerated development of forward pricing rates, providing sufficient time to react to compliance requirements and analyze rate information. It can now write more accurate commentary to support rate changes and meet submission deadlines consistently and efficiently while increasing contract compliance.
DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services (DRS-IDSS) provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber warfare, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, control systems and unmanned technologies. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with more than 3,000 employees around the globe.
- DRS-IDSS needed to increase efficiency and identify new opportunities for growth.
- To support these objectives, DRS-IDSS built an integrated business operations platform with Oracle E-Business Suite supply chain and manufacturing applications, Primavera project management applications and Hyperion enterprise performance management solutions. By organizing its operations by function across lines of business, DRS-IDSS has consolidated operations and data and improved its ability to leverage information across multiple legacy systems, share assets and measure and report in a consistent way. Its goal is to improve engineering and manufacturing efficiency and time to market.
- Providing a clear market differentiator for DRS-IDSS, the company is using the solution to achieve improved inventory reconciliation on-time delivery and risk mitigation to 90 percent. It optimized estimate at completion (EAC) forecasting within against actual costs.
Leggett & Platt
- Leggett & Platt (Leggett) is a diversified manufacturer and member of the S&P 500 that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in homes, offices and automobiles. It is the leading United States producer of components for residential furniture and bedding; components for office furniture; drawn steel wire; automotive seat support and lumbar systems; carpet cushion; adjustable beds; and bedding industry machinery for wire forming, sewing, and quilting.
- In a span of nearly 130 years, Leggett & Platt evolved into a decentralized and extremely diversified company. Focused on continuous improvement, the management team saw an opportunity for the company to run even more efficiently and improve its ability to act on better data to gain a more accurate understanding of the health of the organization, nationally and globally.
- Leggett & Platt implemented an integrated business operations solution that envisions a unique "one-number S&OP" supported by Oracle's Demantra Demand Planning, Advanced Forecasting and Sales and Operations Planning. For its supply chain operations, Leggett & Platt runs Oracle's PeopleSoft Procurement and Oracle Transportation Management. To optimize financial performance, the company depends on Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Essbase, KPI Cube and Profitability and Cost Management.
- Through its business strategy and integrated business planning solution powered by Oracle, Leggett & Platt looks to consistently rank in the top one-third of the S&P 500 based on total shareholder return and deliver 4 percent to 5 percent annual growth and possess the number one or two spots in most of its target markets.
Mazda Motor Corporation
- Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) and its Zoom-Zoom spirit, sells more than 1.2 million vehicles annually, Mazda makes passenger cars, commercial vehicles and crossover sport utility vehicles. It includes more than 50 subsidiaries, such as Mazda Motor of America, Europe and Australia. The company manufactures in Japan, China and Thailand.
- Mazda is transforming the way it operates its business, designs its cars and manages its systems' infrastructure on a global scale. The company expects to reduce the costs of building and maintaining IT systems, helping to reduce time to implementation and improve productivity, performance, profits and its driver experiences.
- After a competitive review process, Mazda selected Oracle and Oracle Japan solutions to integrate its global information systems into a complete structure that enables it to respond rapidly to market and operational changes. To date, Mazda has implemented Oracle enterprise performance management solutions, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle CRM solutions, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle Value Chain Planning, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Database Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and other solutions.
GE Home and Business Solutions
- GE Home & Business Solutions is an $8.6 billion business that includes Appliances and Lighting and Intelligent Platforms teams. These global businesses offer customers energy efficiency and productivity solutions through innovative appliances, lighting, embedded/control systems and software platforms.
- With the recent decline in consumer spending, the retail market faced a significant drop in new appliance sales. To maintain profitability in this challenging market, GE Home and Business Solutions reorganized its operational structure, standardized critical business processes and consolidated more than 500 applications on an Oracle platform. Referred to as "ERP+", this initiative enabled the division to cut costs 70 percent and return 1,000 jobs from China to the U.S.
- Specifically, GE Home and Business Solutions uses the Oracle E-Business Suite to manage its supply chain operations and its order ship bill processes. Additionally, the company uses Oracle CRM.
- "Innovation and efficiency are fundamental to success in the manufacturing industry, and the right mix can enable enterprises to weather and thrive in even challenging economic times. The winners of Oracle's 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards exemplify these tenets and demonstrate the important role that thoughtful IT strategy can play in achieving and maintaining a competitive edge," said Sasha Banks, senior director of manufacturing industry strategy and marketing. "Oracle is honored to work with the industry's leading manufacturing innovators to define the next generation of this market."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the automotive, industrial manufacturing and aerospace and defense industries, helping to speed time to market, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,973
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 270
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 29, 2016 05:03 PM EDT Reads: 201
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,738
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,476
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 29, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 823
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,193
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 946
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 819
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 29, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,842
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 29, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,202
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 29, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,034
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,924
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,077
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,653
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,433
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,405
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,097
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 925