|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing customer leadership, innovation and partnership efforts, Oracle presented the 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards to eight companies at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The annual awards recognize the achievements of companies that have demonstrated innovation and exceptional performance in the following categories:
- Customer Experience - Subaru of America, Inc. and Hyundai Capital America
- Integrated Business Operations - General Dynamics Information Technology, Leggett & Platt and DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- Enterprise Transformation - Mazda Motor Corporation and GE Home and Business Solutions
Subaru of America, Inc.
- Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) is the United States Sales and Marketing subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries of Japan and is responsible for the distribution, marketing, sales and service of Subaru vehicles in the United States.
- Subaru of America needed to consolidate multiple silos of customer information to make intelligent, strategic business decisions and more effectively position Subaru vehicles to existing and prospective drivers.
- Standardizing on a complete Oracle Red Stack of applications, middleware, technology and hardware, Subaru of America runs the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Oracle SOA Suite to support one-to-one marketing campaigns, sales leads, customer and vehicle service and the order-to-delivery lifecycle across 1.5 million customers and 600 dealerships.
- By consolidating and removing silos, Subaru of America can effectively examine customer behaviors, interests, passions and desires throughout the research, purchase and ownership lifecycle -- helping to grow market share, sales and profit margins.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), one of General Dynamics' 13 business units, provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services, as well as simulation and training to customers in the defense, Federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government, and commercial sectors.
- GDIT needed to transform its business and redefine the way it conducts financial and operational business planning to drive down costs and time to value, while simultaneously driving up the quality of the solutions to maximize contract investments and resource utilization.
- To achieve these goals, GDIT consolidated numerous disparate planning applications and spreadsheets into one enterprise performance management platform. Centralizing on Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Planning Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g, GDIT accelerated development of forward pricing rates, providing sufficient time to react to compliance requirements and analyze rate information. It can now write more accurate commentary to support rate changes and meet submission deadlines consistently and efficiently while increasing contract compliance.
DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services (DRS-IDSS) provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber warfare, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, control systems and unmanned technologies. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with more than 3,000 employees around the globe.
- DRS-IDSS needed to increase efficiency and identify new opportunities for growth.
- To support these objectives, DRS-IDSS built an integrated business operations platform with Oracle E-Business Suite supply chain and manufacturing applications, Primavera project management applications and Hyperion enterprise performance management solutions. By organizing its operations by function across lines of business, DRS-IDSS has consolidated operations and data and improved its ability to leverage information across multiple legacy systems, share assets and measure and report in a consistent way. Its goal is to improve engineering and manufacturing efficiency and time to market.
- Providing a clear market differentiator for DRS-IDSS, the company is using the solution to achieve improved inventory reconciliation on-time delivery and risk mitigation to 90 percent. It optimized estimate at completion (EAC) forecasting within against actual costs.
Leggett & Platt
- Leggett & Platt (Leggett) is a diversified manufacturer and member of the S&P 500 that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in homes, offices and automobiles. It is the leading United States producer of components for residential furniture and bedding; components for office furniture; drawn steel wire; automotive seat support and lumbar systems; carpet cushion; adjustable beds; and bedding industry machinery for wire forming, sewing, and quilting.
- In a span of nearly 130 years, Leggett & Platt evolved into a decentralized and extremely diversified company. Focused on continuous improvement, the management team saw an opportunity for the company to run even more efficiently and improve its ability to act on better data to gain a more accurate understanding of the health of the organization, nationally and globally.
- Leggett & Platt implemented an integrated business operations solution that envisions a unique "one-number S&OP" supported by Oracle's Demantra Demand Planning, Advanced Forecasting and Sales and Operations Planning. For its supply chain operations, Leggett & Platt runs Oracle's PeopleSoft Procurement and Oracle Transportation Management. To optimize financial performance, the company depends on Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Essbase, KPI Cube and Profitability and Cost Management.
- Through its business strategy and integrated business planning solution powered by Oracle, Leggett & Platt looks to consistently rank in the top one-third of the S&P 500 based on total shareholder return and deliver 4 percent to 5 percent annual growth and possess the number one or two spots in most of its target markets.
Mazda Motor Corporation
- Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) and its Zoom-Zoom spirit, sells more than 1.2 million vehicles annually, Mazda makes passenger cars, commercial vehicles and crossover sport utility vehicles. It includes more than 50 subsidiaries, such as Mazda Motor of America, Europe and Australia. The company manufactures in Japan, China and Thailand.
- Mazda is transforming the way it operates its business, designs its cars and manages its systems' infrastructure on a global scale. The company expects to reduce the costs of building and maintaining IT systems, helping to reduce time to implementation and improve productivity, performance, profits and its driver experiences.
- After a competitive review process, Mazda selected Oracle and Oracle Japan solutions to integrate its global information systems into a complete structure that enables it to respond rapidly to market and operational changes. To date, Mazda has implemented Oracle enterprise performance management solutions, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle CRM solutions, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle Value Chain Planning, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Database Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and other solutions.
GE Home and Business Solutions
- GE Home & Business Solutions is an $8.6 billion business that includes Appliances and Lighting and Intelligent Platforms teams. These global businesses offer customers energy efficiency and productivity solutions through innovative appliances, lighting, embedded/control systems and software platforms.
- With the recent decline in consumer spending, the retail market faced a significant drop in new appliance sales. To maintain profitability in this challenging market, GE Home and Business Solutions reorganized its operational structure, standardized critical business processes and consolidated more than 500 applications on an Oracle platform. Referred to as "ERP+", this initiative enabled the division to cut costs 70 percent and return 1,000 jobs from China to the U.S.
- Specifically, GE Home and Business Solutions uses the Oracle E-Business Suite to manage its supply chain operations and its order ship bill processes. Additionally, the company uses Oracle CRM.
- "Innovation and efficiency are fundamental to success in the manufacturing industry, and the right mix can enable enterprises to weather and thrive in even challenging economic times. The winners of Oracle's 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards exemplify these tenets and demonstrate the important role that thoughtful IT strategy can play in achieving and maintaining a competitive edge," said Sasha Banks, senior director of manufacturing industry strategy and marketing. "Oracle is honored to work with the industry's leading manufacturing innovators to define the next generation of this market."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the automotive, industrial manufacturing and aerospace and defense industries, helping to speed time to market, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,118
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,641
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,487
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,185
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,688
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 29, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,078
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,749
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 29, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,190
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 940
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 405
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,263
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,093
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 467
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 701
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 550
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,214
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,135
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 700
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,353
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Jul. 29, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,046