|By PR Newswire||
|December 12, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
COLUMBIA, S.C., Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced Unitrends Release 7.0, the next generation of software powering its physical and virtual backup and recovery appliances. Unitrends 7.0 bolsters data protection in virtualized and cloud environments, while providing an expanded range of platform and enterprise application support.
Unitrends' portfolio of physical (Recovery Series) and virtual (Unitrends Enterprise Backup™) appliances provide unified data protection across heterogeneous environments. Powered by Unitrends 7.0, these solutions now give companies unprecedented flexibility for optimizing backup and recovery in virtualized and cloud environments, with new capabilities including:
- Hot-hot replication and retention – Simplifies disaster recovery by eliminating cumbersome and expensive two-step disaster recovery operations. This capability keeps disaster recovery sites active, online and continuously updated – expediting disaster recovery processes and preventing data loss due to backup windows.
- Private virtual machine spin-up – Enables companies to instantly spin up a virtual machine in the cloud to add another layer of redundancy to their disaster recovery infrastructure. This capability can keep businesses running and data accessible even when on-premise locations experience total outages.
- VMware® SAN direct backup and recovery – Reduces backup windows, recovery time objectives (RTOs) and local area network traffic by performing fabric-based backup and recovery of virtual machines residing on SAN storage.
- Application-aware VMware backups – Enables increased application-aware integration for VMware host operating system (HOS)-based backups and ensures application consistency during and after the backup.
- Private one-click recovery – Enables instant recovery for VMware on the replication target and direct bare metal recovery and system recovery at the off-site premise location.
- Cloud-sourced deduplication – Increases cloud storage capacity and improves data retention by extending deduplication functionality to data in the cloud.
In addition to enhanced data protection in virtualized and cloud environments, Unitrends 7.0 also includes expanded enterprise application and platform support. In addition to SQL Server® and Microsoft® Exchange support, Unitrends now offers Oracle and Microsoft Office SharePoint support for native application protection – extending its robust, feature-rich data backup and recovery functionality to even more enterprise-level applications. Unitrends 7.0 also includes agent push simplification, which deploys install and upgrade Windows® agents from the backup appliance – decreasing total cost of ownership and lowering time-to-value.
"Having the ability to protect data across physical, virtual and cloud environments is essential to companies today, and our mission has always been to enable our customers to do this easily and affordably," said Dr. Mark Campbell, chief strategy and technology officer at Unitrends. "Unitrends 7.0 extends our legacy by providing a broad range of capabilities that make it easy for companies to expedite backup and disaster recovery processes, ensure continuous access to data and maintain business operations regardless of what is happening around them."
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.
Jan. 28, 2015 07:30 PM EST Reads: 3,239
Jan. 28, 2015 06:15 PM EST Reads: 4,033
Jan. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 3,205
Jan. 28, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,957
Jan. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 2,715
Jan. 28, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,962
Jan. 28, 2015 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,541
Jan. 28, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,102
Jan. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 3,727
Jan. 28, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 2,201
Jan. 28, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,468
Jan. 28, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 4,015
Jan. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,893
Jan. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 7,868
Jan. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,478
Jan. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 3,516
Jan. 28, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 2,669
Jan. 28, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,132
Jan. 28, 2015 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,974
“The age of the Internet of Things is upon us,” stated Thomas Svensson, senior vice-president and general manager EMEA, ThingWorx, “and working with forward-thinking companies, such as Elisa, enables us to deploy our leading technology so that customers can profit from complete, end-to-end solutions.” ThingWorx, a PTC® (Nasdaq: PTC) business and Internet of Things (IoT) platform provider, announced on Monday that Elisa, Finnish provider of mobile and fixed broadband subscriptions, will deploy ThingWorx® platform technology to enable a new Elisa IoT service in Finland and Estonia.
Jan. 28, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,681