|By Marketwired .||
|December 12, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing its commitment to delivering the most complete portfolio of database security solutions for the enterprise, Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall, the industry's only product to effectively protect Oracle and non-Oracle databases, by monitoring network traffic and analyzing audit data.
- Merging the core capabilities of proven Oracle Audit Vault and Oracle Database Firewall products, the new Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall product expands protection beyond Oracle and third party databases with support for auditing the operating system, directories and custom sources.
- Delivering Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall in a new software appliance-based platform accelerates enterprise-wide deployments and simplifies operations.
- Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall serves as a critical detective and preventive control to protect against the abuse of legitimate access to databases responsible for almost all data breaches and cyber attacks.
- Part of Oracle's comprehensive portfolio of database security solutions, Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall complements Oracle Advanced Security and Oracle Database Vault.
- Oracle Database Security solutions provide customers with the most comprehensive and advanced security offerings that help reduce the costs and complexity of securing their business information across the enterprise.
Expanded Protection and Effective Auditing
- Key features of the new Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall product include:
- Database Activity Monitoring and Firewall: SQL Traffic monitoring of all certified versions of Oracle and third party databases including Microsoft SQL Server, SAP Sybase, IBM DB2, and MySQL; a unique approach to SQL grammar analysis to reduce millions of SQL statements into "clusters" for unrivaled accuracy and scalability; and easy to create whitelists, blacklists and exception lists to better detect unauthorized database activity including SQL injection attacks.
- Expanded Enterprise Auditing: Capabilities to collect, consolidate, and manage native audit and event logs from Oracle and third party databases; additional support for collecting and consolidating audit and event logs from Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Active Directory, Oracle Solaris and Oracle Automatic Storage Management Cluster File System, as well as XML and table-based audit sources through XML-based Audit Collection Plugins.
- Consolidated Reporting and Alerting: Consolidated, centralized repository for all audit and event logs to be analyzed in real-time against pre-defined policies; unprecedented visibility into stored procedure execution, recursive SQL and operational activities; dozens of built-in reports to meet compliance requirements; and powerful alerting capabilities including multi-event alerts and alert thresholds.
- "Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall is not just an integration of two existing products," said Vipin Samar, vice president of Database Security Product Development, Oracle. "This is a new product that provides a unified monitoring and auditing platform that goes beyond databases. Customers no longer have to choose between security and compliance -- they can now have a product that lets them achieve both easier and at a lower cost."
- "We currently use Oracle Database Firewall to secure Oracle and SQL Server databases and ensure we protect sensitive data in our environment," said John-Thomas Gaietto, manager, IT Security & Compliance, SquareTwo Financial. "We are excited to see Oracle merge the capabilities of two products into a single unified product that provides us the security intelligence platform we need to run our business."
- "Combining both Oracle Audit Vault and Oracle Database Firewall is a logical step -- it combines the real-time analytics and the ability to do ex-post and forensic analytics on database activities," said Martin Kuppinger, founder and principal analyst at Kuppinger-Cole. "Oracle also raises the bar with its broad support for heterogeneous database environments. We recommend evaluating this new offering as the baseline solution for database security."
- Introducing Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall Webcast
- About Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
- About Oracle Database Security
- About Oracle Database 11g
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,212
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 196
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,111
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,358
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,571
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,726
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 871
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,274
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,784
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,634
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 21, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,045
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 21, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,932
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,073
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,716
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,931
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,860
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,654
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,910
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 892
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,915