|By Marketwired .||
|December 13, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire DataRaker, a provider of a cloud-based analytics platform that enables electric, gas and water utilities to leverage vast amounts of data to optimize operational efficiency and improve the customer experience.
- Leading-edge utilities are investing in infrastructure to collect massive amounts of data from millions of distributed smart meters and sensors, and they require modern technologies to analyze and understand the insights provided by this data.
- DataRaker's proven solutions enable customers to gain immediate benefits from smart devices, by transforming meter, customer and network data into insights that can have a dramatic impact on organizational performance.
- The combination of Oracle and DataRaker's cloud-based solutions is expected to provide utilities with the most complete solution to harness the benefits of utility Big Data to improve operational performance and enhance customer experience.
- More information on this announcement can be found at http://www.oracle.com/dataraker
- "Big Data created by smart meters and sensors has presented utilities with an enormous opportunity to improve operations and deliver better customer service by acting on the unique insights that can only be found by understanding the massive amounts of data coming from their customers and networks," said Rodger Smith, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Utilities. "With DataRaker, Oracle can provide customers a complete and integrated set of products to further unlock efficiencies and create data insights that maximize business value."
- "Oracle's proposed acquisition of DataRaker represents a strong endorsement of DataRaker's proven, scalable and high-performance platform. We are excited to be a part of Oracle, and look forward to combining our resources to drive new innovations that will continue to deliver value to customers," said Rick Brakken, CEO and Co-Founder, DataRaker.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.
Oracle is currently reviewing the existing DataRaker product roadmap and will be providing guidance to customers in accordance with Oracle's standard product communication policies. Any resulting features and timing of release of such features as determined by Oracle's review of DataRaker's product roadmap are at the sole discretion of Oracle. All product roadmap information, whether communicated by DataRaker or by Oracle, does not represent a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This document contains certain forward-looking statements about Oracle and DataRaker including statements that involve risks and uncertainties concerning Oracle's proposed acquisition of DataRaker, anticipated customer benefits and general business outlook. When used in this document, the words "anticipates", "can", "will", "look forward to", "expected" and similar expressions and any other statements that are not historical facts are intended to identify those assertions as forward-looking statements. Any such statement may be influenced by a variety of factors, many of which are beyond the control of Oracle or DataRaker that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected, described, expressed or implied in this document due to a number of risks and uncertainties. Potential risks and uncertainties include, among others, the possibility that the transaction will not close or that the closing may be delayed, the anticipated synergies of the combined companies may not be achieved after closing, the combined operations may not be successfully integrated in a timely manner, if at all, general economic conditions in regions in which either company does business may deteriorate and/or Oracle or DataRaker may be adversely affected by other economic, business, and/or competitive factors. Accordingly, no assurances can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will transpire or occur, or if any of them do so, what impact they will have on the results of operations or financial condition of Oracle or DataRaker. You are cautioned to not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this document. Neither Oracle nor DataRaker is under any duty to update any of the information in this document.
Oct. 1, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 788
Oct. 1, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,934
Oct. 1, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,332
Oct. 1, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 625
Oct. 1, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,434
Oct. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,752
Oct. 1, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 568
Oct. 1, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,812
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,478
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,656
Oct. 1, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,127
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,975
Oct. 1, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,453
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,717
Oct. 1, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 683
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 761
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,153
Oct. 1, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 534
Oct. 1, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 533
Oct. 1, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 731