|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further extending its commitment to innovation and market leadership in logistics management, Oracle today announced the availability of new releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management.
- With Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3, Oracle is introducing a broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes.
- The new releases include innovative new transportation and global trade management capabilities including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
- Leveraging two specialized mobile applications, the new release of Oracle Transportation Management also supports key business processes such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visibility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
- By delivering a comprehensive transportation and global trade management functionality on a single, unified platform, the new releases help customers support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- With the new capabilities, customers can leverage Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 to manage the most critical transportation and trade management requirements on an enterprise-wide, global level.
Enterprise-Wide Transportation Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 include:
- Fleet Management enhancements that help customers increase fleet asset utilization and reduce transportation costs through innovative new management and visualization capabilities.
- Transportation sourcing enhancements that help customers reduce transportation costs by optimizing bid packages and improving usability.
- Transportation business intelligence enhancements include new content and metrics to support fleet and asset management, expanding data upon which to build KPIs and dashboards and further improving the user experience.
- Transportation planning enhancements that help customers further reduce transportation costs through sophisticated optimization of cross-docks, consolidation centers, and other types of networks. In addition, new optimization logic that enables customers to optimize the packing of their goods in order to minimize transportation costs.
- Rail transportation enhancements that help customers reduce rail transportation costs through comprehensive analysis, evaluation and estimation of rail-related costs.
- Mobility enhancements that improve efficiencies and decision-making by enabling customers to conduct key business processes and common transportation management tasks, such as shipment tendering and shipment visibility, on mobile devices using a configurable mobile web-app.
Trade Management Global Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 include:
- The introduction of Oracle Customs Management, a new module within Oracle Global Trade Management that helps customers manage customs clearance screening and custom filings by directly supporting US export AES filings and enabling data to be easily transferred to any other third-party filing broker solution.
- New features to support end-to-end license management for aerospace and defense, high technology, life sciences and industrial manufacturing customers with complex license requirements such as International Traffic & Arms Regulations (ITAR) controls.
- Customer-driven usability enhancements for advanced product classification and export compliance screening including a new restricted party screening workbench.
- Enhanced tariff visibility for duties, taxes and other regulatory controls that help customers improve decision making by enabling them to quickly and easily view relevant customs duty information, as well as other government agency regulatory controls.
- New license management features that streamline and simplify processes by automating license assignment and balance management and providing proactive notifications for when licenses will expire or be used in full.
- "To support business growth and market expansion, shippers and logistics service providers are looking at new ways to streamline and enhance complex transportation and trade management processes," said Derek Gittoes, Oracle Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy. "In the latest releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management, we have combined new capabilities such as specialized mobile applications with enhancements to the industry's most comprehensive transportation and global trade management platform. As a result we are in a better place than ever to help our customers further streamline processes, reduce costs and mitigate risks."
- "Increased supply chain complexity and rising and volatile costs force today's shippers and logistics service providers to be more flexible and responsive," said Simon Ellis, Practice Director, Supply Chain Strategies, IDC Manufacturing Insights. "A rapidly growing number of these companies are implementing automated transportation management systems as a means to efficiently, reliably, and cost effectively manage and control freight across all geographies and modes of transportation. In addition, the ability to manage content, collaboration and compliance is also a critical part of optimizing increasingly complex international trade processes in this global economic environment. By leveraging a global trade automation platform, multi-national companies can create a more efficient and collaborative supply chain to not only increase the efficiency of cross-border business processes, but also to help ensure compliance with government regulations."
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Global Trade Management
- Video: Derek Gittoes Introduces Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3
- Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Oracle a Leader in Transportation Management Systems
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,261
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 856
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,775
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,612
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 21, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,033
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 21, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,907
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,066
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,707
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,926
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,836
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,643
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,903
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 864
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,911
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Oct. 21, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,924
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 21, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,582
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,458
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 21, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 852
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 21, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 766
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Oct. 20, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,773