|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further extending its commitment to innovation and market leadership in logistics management, Oracle today announced the availability of new releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management.
- With Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3, Oracle is introducing a broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes.
- The new releases include innovative new transportation and global trade management capabilities including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
- Leveraging two specialized mobile applications, the new release of Oracle Transportation Management also supports key business processes such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visibility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
- By delivering a comprehensive transportation and global trade management functionality on a single, unified platform, the new releases help customers support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- With the new capabilities, customers can leverage Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 to manage the most critical transportation and trade management requirements on an enterprise-wide, global level.
Enterprise-Wide Transportation Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 include:
- Fleet Management enhancements that help customers increase fleet asset utilization and reduce transportation costs through innovative new management and visualization capabilities.
- Transportation sourcing enhancements that help customers reduce transportation costs by optimizing bid packages and improving usability.
- Transportation business intelligence enhancements include new content and metrics to support fleet and asset management, expanding data upon which to build KPIs and dashboards and further improving the user experience.
- Transportation planning enhancements that help customers further reduce transportation costs through sophisticated optimization of cross-docks, consolidation centers, and other types of networks. In addition, new optimization logic that enables customers to optimize the packing of their goods in order to minimize transportation costs.
- Rail transportation enhancements that help customers reduce rail transportation costs through comprehensive analysis, evaluation and estimation of rail-related costs.
- Mobility enhancements that improve efficiencies and decision-making by enabling customers to conduct key business processes and common transportation management tasks, such as shipment tendering and shipment visibility, on mobile devices using a configurable mobile web-app.
Trade Management Global Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 include:
- The introduction of Oracle Customs Management, a new module within Oracle Global Trade Management that helps customers manage customs clearance screening and custom filings by directly supporting US export AES filings and enabling data to be easily transferred to any other third-party filing broker solution.
- New features to support end-to-end license management for aerospace and defense, high technology, life sciences and industrial manufacturing customers with complex license requirements such as International Traffic & Arms Regulations (ITAR) controls.
- Customer-driven usability enhancements for advanced product classification and export compliance screening including a new restricted party screening workbench.
- Enhanced tariff visibility for duties, taxes and other regulatory controls that help customers improve decision making by enabling them to quickly and easily view relevant customs duty information, as well as other government agency regulatory controls.
- New license management features that streamline and simplify processes by automating license assignment and balance management and providing proactive notifications for when licenses will expire or be used in full.
- "To support business growth and market expansion, shippers and logistics service providers are looking at new ways to streamline and enhance complex transportation and trade management processes," said Derek Gittoes, Oracle Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy. "In the latest releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management, we have combined new capabilities such as specialized mobile applications with enhancements to the industry's most comprehensive transportation and global trade management platform. As a result we are in a better place than ever to help our customers further streamline processes, reduce costs and mitigate risks."
- "Increased supply chain complexity and rising and volatile costs force today's shippers and logistics service providers to be more flexible and responsive," said Simon Ellis, Practice Director, Supply Chain Strategies, IDC Manufacturing Insights. "A rapidly growing number of these companies are implementing automated transportation management systems as a means to efficiently, reliably, and cost effectively manage and control freight across all geographies and modes of transportation. In addition, the ability to manage content, collaboration and compliance is also a critical part of optimizing increasingly complex international trade processes in this global economic environment. By leveraging a global trade automation platform, multi-national companies can create a more efficient and collaborative supply chain to not only increase the efficiency of cross-border business processes, but also to help ensure compliance with government regulations."
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Global Trade Management
- Video: Derek Gittoes Introduces Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3
- Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Oracle a Leader in Transportation Management Systems
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
One of the biggest impacts of the Internet of Things is and will continue to be on data; specifically data volume, management and usage. Companies are scrambling to adapt to this new and unpredictable data reality with legacy infrastructure that cannot handle the speed and volume of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and president of Infobright, will discuss how companies need to rethink their data infrastructure to participate in the IoT, including: Data storage: Understanding the kinds of data: structured, unstructured, big/small? Analytics: What kinds and how responsiv...
Mar. 2, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,501
Since 2008 and for the first time in history, more than half of humans live in urban areas, urging cities to become “smart.” Today, cities can leverage the wide availability of smartphones combined with new technologies such as Beacons or NFC to connect their urban furniture and environment to create citizen-first services that improve transportation, way-finding and information delivery. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Laetitia Gazel-Anthoine, CEO of Connecthings, will focus on successful use cases.
Mar. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EST Reads: 2,943
Mar. 2, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,535
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
Mar. 2, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,062
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
Mar. 2, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 3,001
Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, had reached 30,000 page views on his home page - http://RobertoMedrano.SYS-CON.com/ - on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, Internet of Things Journal, Big Data Journal, and SOA World Magazine. He is a recognized executive in the information technology fields of SOA, internet security, governance, and compliance. He has extensive experience with both start-ups and large companies, having been involved at the beginning of four IT industries: EDA, Open Systems, Computer Security and now SOA.
Mar. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,279
The industrial software market has treated data with the mentality of “collect everything now, worry about how to use it later.” We now find ourselves buried in data, with the pervasive connectivity of the (Industrial) Internet of Things only piling on more numbers. There’s too much data and not enough information. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Bob Gates, Global Marketing Director, GE’s Intelligent Platforms business, to discuss how realizing the power of IoT, software developers are now focused on understanding how industrial data can create intelligence for industrial operations. Imagine ...
Mar. 1, 2015 03:15 PM EST Reads: 1,374
Operational Hadoop and the Lambda Architecture for Streaming Data Apache Hadoop is emerging as a distributed platform for handling large and fast incoming streams of data. Predictive maintenance, supply chain optimization, and Internet-of-Things analysis are examples where Hadoop provides the scalable storage, processing, and analytics platform to gain meaningful insights from granular data that is typically only valuable from a large-scale, aggregate view. One architecture useful for capturing and analyzing streaming data is the Lambda Architecture, representing a model of how to analyze rea...
Mar. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,365
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vitria Technology, Inc. will exhibit at SYS-CON’s @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Vitria will showcase the company’s new IoT Analytics Platform through live demonstrations at booth #330. Vitria’s IoT Analytics Platform, fully integrated and powered by an operational intelligence engine, enables customers to rapidly build and operationalize advanced analytics to deliver timely business outcomes for use cases across the industrial, enterprise, and consumer segments.
Mar. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,244
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,293
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
Mar. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,932
Mar. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,622
PubNub on Monday has announced that it is partnering with IBM to bring its sophisticated real-time data streaming and messaging capabilities to Bluemix, IBM’s cloud development platform. “Today’s app and connected devices require an always-on connection, but building a secure, scalable solution from the ground up is time consuming, resource intensive, and error-prone,” said Todd Greene, CEO of PubNub. “PubNub enables web, mobile and IoT developers building apps on IBM Bluemix to quickly add scalable realtime functionality with minimal effort and cost.”
Mar. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 4,787
Mar. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 932
With several hundred implementations of IoT-enabled solutions in the past 12 months alone, this session will focus on experience over the art of the possible. Many can only imagine the most advanced telematics platform ever deployed, supporting millions of customers, producing tens of thousands events or GBs per trip, and hundreds of TBs per month. With the ability to support a billion sensor events per second, over 30PB of warm data for analytics, and hundreds of PBs for an data analytics archive, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Jim Kaskade, Vice President and General Manager, Big Data & Ana...
Mar. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,301
In the consumer IoT, everything is new, and the IT world of bits and bytes holds sway. But industrial and commercial realms encompass operational technology (OT) that has been around for 25 or 50 years. This grittier, pre-IP, more hands-on world has much to gain from Industrial IoT (IIoT) applications and principles. But adding sensors and wireless connectivity won’t work in environments that demand unwavering reliability and performance. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ron Sege, CEO of Echelon, will discuss how as enterprise IT embraces other IoT-related technology trends, enterprises with i...
Mar. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,209
When it comes to the Internet of Things, hooking up will get you only so far. If you want customers to commit, you need to go beyond simply connecting products. You need to use the devices themselves to transform how you engage with every customer and how you manage the entire product lifecycle. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sean Lorenz, Technical Product Manager for Xively at LogMeIn, will show how “product relationship management” can help you leverage your connected devices and the data they generate about customer usage and product performance to deliver extremely compelling and reliabl...
Mar. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,340
The Internet of Things (IoT) is causing data centers to become radically decentralized and atomized within a new paradigm known as “fog computing.” To support IoT applications, such as connected cars and smart grids, data centers' core functions will be decentralized out to the network's edges and endpoints (aka “fogs”). As this trend takes hold, Big Data analytics platforms will focus on high-volume log analysis (aka “logs”) and rely heavily on cognitive-computing algorithms (aka “cogs”) to make sense of it all.
Mar. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,070
SYS-CON Events announced today that GENBAND, a leading developer of real time communications software solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's WebRTC Summit, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The GENBAND team will be on hand to demonstrate their newest product, Kandy. Kandy is a communications Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) that enables companies to seamlessly integrate more human communications into their Web and mobile applications - creating more engaging experiences for their customers and boosting collaboration and productiv...
Feb. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,432
From telemedicine to smart cars, digital homes and industrial monitoring, the explosive growth of IoT has created exciting new business opportunities for real time calls and messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ivelin Ivanov, CEO and Co-Founder of Telestax, shared some of the new revenue sources that IoT created for Restcomm – the open source telephony platform from Telestax. Ivelin Ivanov is a technology entrepreneur who founded Mobicents, an Open Source VoIP Platform, to help create, deploy, and manage applications integrating voice, video and data. He is the co-founder of TeleStax, a...
Feb. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EST Reads: 4,044