|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further extending its commitment to innovation and market leadership in logistics management, Oracle today announced the availability of new releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management.
- With Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3, Oracle is introducing a broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes.
- The new releases include innovative new transportation and global trade management capabilities including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
- Leveraging two specialized mobile applications, the new release of Oracle Transportation Management also supports key business processes such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visibility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
- By delivering a comprehensive transportation and global trade management functionality on a single, unified platform, the new releases help customers support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- With the new capabilities, customers can leverage Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 to manage the most critical transportation and trade management requirements on an enterprise-wide, global level.
Enterprise-Wide Transportation Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 include:
- Fleet Management enhancements that help customers increase fleet asset utilization and reduce transportation costs through innovative new management and visualization capabilities.
- Transportation sourcing enhancements that help customers reduce transportation costs by optimizing bid packages and improving usability.
- Transportation business intelligence enhancements include new content and metrics to support fleet and asset management, expanding data upon which to build KPIs and dashboards and further improving the user experience.
- Transportation planning enhancements that help customers further reduce transportation costs through sophisticated optimization of cross-docks, consolidation centers, and other types of networks. In addition, new optimization logic that enables customers to optimize the packing of their goods in order to minimize transportation costs.
- Rail transportation enhancements that help customers reduce rail transportation costs through comprehensive analysis, evaluation and estimation of rail-related costs.
- Mobility enhancements that improve efficiencies and decision-making by enabling customers to conduct key business processes and common transportation management tasks, such as shipment tendering and shipment visibility, on mobile devices using a configurable mobile web-app.
Trade Management Global Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 include:
- The introduction of Oracle Customs Management, a new module within Oracle Global Trade Management that helps customers manage customs clearance screening and custom filings by directly supporting US export AES filings and enabling data to be easily transferred to any other third-party filing broker solution.
- New features to support end-to-end license management for aerospace and defense, high technology, life sciences and industrial manufacturing customers with complex license requirements such as International Traffic & Arms Regulations (ITAR) controls.
- Customer-driven usability enhancements for advanced product classification and export compliance screening including a new restricted party screening workbench.
- Enhanced tariff visibility for duties, taxes and other regulatory controls that help customers improve decision making by enabling them to quickly and easily view relevant customs duty information, as well as other government agency regulatory controls.
- New license management features that streamline and simplify processes by automating license assignment and balance management and providing proactive notifications for when licenses will expire or be used in full.
- "To support business growth and market expansion, shippers and logistics service providers are looking at new ways to streamline and enhance complex transportation and trade management processes," said Derek Gittoes, Oracle Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy. "In the latest releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management, we have combined new capabilities such as specialized mobile applications with enhancements to the industry's most comprehensive transportation and global trade management platform. As a result we are in a better place than ever to help our customers further streamline processes, reduce costs and mitigate risks."
- "Increased supply chain complexity and rising and volatile costs force today's shippers and logistics service providers to be more flexible and responsive," said Simon Ellis, Practice Director, Supply Chain Strategies, IDC Manufacturing Insights. "A rapidly growing number of these companies are implementing automated transportation management systems as a means to efficiently, reliably, and cost effectively manage and control freight across all geographies and modes of transportation. In addition, the ability to manage content, collaboration and compliance is also a critical part of optimizing increasingly complex international trade processes in this global economic environment. By leveraging a global trade automation platform, multi-national companies can create a more efficient and collaborative supply chain to not only increase the efficiency of cross-border business processes, but also to help ensure compliance with government regulations."
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Global Trade Management
- Video: Derek Gittoes Introduces Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3
- Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Oracle a Leader in Transportation Management Systems
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
May. 1, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,721
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 1, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 759
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
May. 1, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,310
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 1, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,103
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 1, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,083
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 814
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 1, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,149
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 977
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 911
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 1, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 946
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 1, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 820
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
May. 1, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,485
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,686
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,723
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,462
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
Apr. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 686
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,541
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 897
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
Apr. 30, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 765