|By Marketwired .||
|January 7, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further extending its commitment to innovation and market leadership in logistics management, Oracle today announced the availability of new releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management.
- With Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3, Oracle is introducing a broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes.
- The new releases include innovative new transportation and global trade management capabilities including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
- Leveraging two specialized mobile applications, the new release of Oracle Transportation Management also supports key business processes such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visibility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
- By delivering a comprehensive transportation and global trade management functionality on a single, unified platform, the new releases help customers support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- With the new capabilities, customers can leverage Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 to manage the most critical transportation and trade management requirements on an enterprise-wide, global level.
Enterprise-Wide Transportation Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 include:
- Fleet Management enhancements that help customers increase fleet asset utilization and reduce transportation costs through innovative new management and visualization capabilities.
- Transportation sourcing enhancements that help customers reduce transportation costs by optimizing bid packages and improving usability.
- Transportation business intelligence enhancements include new content and metrics to support fleet and asset management, expanding data upon which to build KPIs and dashboards and further improving the user experience.
- Transportation planning enhancements that help customers further reduce transportation costs through sophisticated optimization of cross-docks, consolidation centers, and other types of networks. In addition, new optimization logic that enables customers to optimize the packing of their goods in order to minimize transportation costs.
- Rail transportation enhancements that help customers reduce rail transportation costs through comprehensive analysis, evaluation and estimation of rail-related costs.
- Mobility enhancements that improve efficiencies and decision-making by enabling customers to conduct key business processes and common transportation management tasks, such as shipment tendering and shipment visibility, on mobile devices using a configurable mobile web-app.
Trade Management Global Capabilities
- New capabilities within Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 include:
- The introduction of Oracle Customs Management, a new module within Oracle Global Trade Management that helps customers manage customs clearance screening and custom filings by directly supporting US export AES filings and enabling data to be easily transferred to any other third-party filing broker solution.
- New features to support end-to-end license management for aerospace and defense, high technology, life sciences and industrial manufacturing customers with complex license requirements such as International Traffic & Arms Regulations (ITAR) controls.
- Customer-driven usability enhancements for advanced product classification and export compliance screening including a new restricted party screening workbench.
- Enhanced tariff visibility for duties, taxes and other regulatory controls that help customers improve decision making by enabling them to quickly and easily view relevant customs duty information, as well as other government agency regulatory controls.
- New license management features that streamline and simplify processes by automating license assignment and balance management and providing proactive notifications for when licenses will expire or be used in full.
- "To support business growth and market expansion, shippers and logistics service providers are looking at new ways to streamline and enhance complex transportation and trade management processes," said Derek Gittoes, Oracle Vice President, Logistics Product Strategy. "In the latest releases of Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management, we have combined new capabilities such as specialized mobile applications with enhancements to the industry's most comprehensive transportation and global trade management platform. As a result we are in a better place than ever to help our customers further streamline processes, reduce costs and mitigate risks."
- "Increased supply chain complexity and rising and volatile costs force today's shippers and logistics service providers to be more flexible and responsive," said Simon Ellis, Practice Director, Supply Chain Strategies, IDC Manufacturing Insights. "A rapidly growing number of these companies are implementing automated transportation management systems as a means to efficiently, reliably, and cost effectively manage and control freight across all geographies and modes of transportation. In addition, the ability to manage content, collaboration and compliance is also a critical part of optimizing increasingly complex international trade processes in this global economic environment. By leveraging a global trade automation platform, multi-national companies can create a more efficient and collaborative supply chain to not only increase the efficiency of cross-border business processes, but also to help ensure compliance with government regulations."
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Global Trade Management
- Video: Derek Gittoes Introduces Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3
- Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 Screenshots
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Oracle a Leader in Transportation Management Systems
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 7,684
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,814
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 4,232
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 6,320
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,635
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,110
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,759
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 5,437
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,800
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,791
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,685
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,171
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,315
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 2,027
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,726
"What is the next step in the evolution of IoT systems? The answer is data, information, which is a radical shift from assets, from things to input for decision making," stated Michael Minkevich, VP of Technology Services at Luxoft, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,576
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,591
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 6,046
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 3,667
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,036