|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- To more efficiently conduct and manage electronic data capture (EDC)-based clinical trials on behalf of its clients, SIRO Clinpharm, winner of Frost & Sullivan Indian Clinical Research Organization (CRO) of the year award, 2012 and 2011, recently selected Oracle Health Sciences InForm.
- SIRO Clinpharm's purchase of Oracle Health Sciences InForm extends the company's investment in Oracle Health Sciences clinical applications, on which it has built its rapidly expanding CRO business.
- In addition to selecting Oracle Health Sciences InForm, SIRO Clinpharm gained a competitive advantage by joining the Oracle CRO Advantage Program -- a program that provides a framework for driving CRO success with Oracle Health Sciences products through training, sales and marketing support and tools, and regular communications on Oracle products and strategy.
- With its sophisticated data review capabilities, Oracle Health Sciences InForm will enable SIRO Clinpharm to have better control over its data, and the company expects to see significant efficiency and productivity gains in data management and remote monitoring.
- Oracle Health Sciences InForm will also provide SIRO Clinpharm flexibility to set targeted source verification strategies that allow for rapid increases or decreases of the source verification workload based on data quality.
- Extensive study templates and library management capabilities within Oracle Health Sciences InForm will enable SIRO Clinpharm to accelerate the study-build process and provide sponsors with significantly faster trial implementation.
- SIRO Clinpharm will benefit from Oracle Health Sciences InForm's scalability, performance and multi-language capabilities to deploy global trials.
- Oracle Health Sciences InForm is part of a comprehensive portfolio of Oracle Health Sciences Cloud Applications and is powered by the Oracle Health Sciences Cloud to help customers accelerate IT deployments, reduce resources required to maintain IT infrastructure and gain a more predictable IT spending pattern.
- SIRO Clinpharm has built a state-of-the-art technology offering that includes Oracle Health Sciences InForm, Oracle Clinical, Oracle Remote Data Capture, Oracle's Siebel Clinical Trial Management System and Oracle Adverse Event Reporting System.
- "As a leading clinical research organization, we looked at the best in class EDC solutions available on the market. We selected Oracle Health Sciences InForm because we believe it clearly stands out from its competitors with outstanding functionality, low total cost of ownership and satisfied end users worldwide," said Gopa Menon, chief executive officer, SIRO Clinpharm.
- "SIRO Clinpharm has a long-standing commitment to Oracle Health Sciences clinical applications," said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. "The addition of Oracle Health Sciences InForm will extend SIRO Clinpharm's clinical data management and EDC capabilities to support a growing number of trials, including global EDC studies, while optimizing its existing Oracle Health Sciences investment."
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle Health Sciences InForm
- Oracle Clinical
- Oracle Remote Data Capture
- Oracle's Siebel Clinical Trial Management System
- Oracle Adverse Event Reporting System
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About SIRO Clinpharm
SIRO Clinpharm, winner of the 2012 & 2011 Frost & Sullivan Indian Clinical Research Organization of the year award, is a drug development solutions provider to the global healthcare industry. Our subject expertise gives us an edge in data management, medical writing, biostatistics & clinical trial management. With a successful track record of 16 years, SIRO Clinpharm works with most of the top global biopharma & medical device companies. Our therapeutic experience includes but is not limited to oncology, diabetes, cardiology, infectious diseases & respiratory system. We offer flexible business models across service verticals based on client needs.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 10, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 368
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,130
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 7,458
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,396
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,406
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 10, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,076
Dec. 10, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,021
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 695
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 10, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,006
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 912
Unsecured IoT devices were used to launch crippling DDOS attacks in October 2016, targeting services such as Twitter, Spotify, and GitHub. Subsequent testimony to Congress about potential attacks on office buildings, schools, and hospitals raised the possibility for the IoT to harm and even kill people. What should be done? Does the government need to intervene? This panel at @ThingExpo New York brings together leading IoT and security experts to discuss this very serious topic.
Dec. 10, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 645
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,087
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 10, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 653
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 10, 2016 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,787
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 10, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,514
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 1,266
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 595
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,396
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,324
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 10, 2016 03:15 AM EST Reads: 519