|By Marketwired .||
|January 16, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/16/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- FAIR Health, an independent not-for-profit corporation dedicated to bringing transparency to healthcare costs and out-of-network reimbursement, has selected the Oracle Exadata Database Machine with a cluster of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage 7420 appliances for backup to support its database of more than 15 billion claims. An additional Sun ZFS Storage Appliance supports remote disaster recovery and development.
- FAIR Health's data are used by multiple stakeholders in health insurance, including insurance carriers, third party administrators, healthcare providers, employers, researchers and consumers to process claims, inform pricing models, offer cost transparency and to understand geographic variation in cost and utilization.
- FAIR Health sought a solution to streamline performance and eliminate the storage bottlenecks in its existing environment.
- With Oracle Exadata, FAIR Health tested its existing code and achieved significant performance improvements, including a 5x reduction in claims processing time(1) and a 10x faster average performance improvement in applying complex statistical methodologies(2).
- Using Oracle Exadata's Hybrid Columnar Compression technology combined with the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, FAIR Health achieved an average of 14x reduction in physical storage space for its primary Oracle Database storage, database backups, and disaster recovery site.
- The Sun ZFS Storage Appliance's direct InfiniBand connection to the Oracle Exadata and its high-throughput design enables FAIR Health to reduce their backup windows and increase resources available for production workloads.
- FAIR Health also uses the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance's snapshot and replication capabilities to replicate compressed data to a third remote Sun ZFS Storage Appliance at its disaster recovery location where clones of the Hybrid Columnar Compressed data are used to develop proof-of-concepts for new application functionality.
- With the increased performance and capacity delivered by the Oracle Exadata and Sun ZFS Storage Appliance solution, FAIR Health will be able to reallocate resources to focus on product development and enhancement, including its expanded custom analytics capability.
- FAIR Health
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
(1) Oracle Exadata improvement on Upstate Health Research Network Variance Analysis.
(2) Oracle Exadata improvement in product creation when applying statistical methodologies to the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System product.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
May. 24, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,659
May. 24, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 752
May. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,920
May. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 491
May. 24, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,018
May. 24, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,362
May. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,375
May. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,992
May. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,606
May. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,813
May. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,656
May. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 603
May. 23, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,693
May. 23, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,332
May. 23, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,053
May. 23, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,323
May. 23, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,786
May. 23, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,026
May. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,371
May. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,668