|By Marketwired .||
|January 17, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Turkcell, the leading mobile communications and technology company in Turkey, managing more than 1.2 petabytes of data, successfully implemented a new data warehouse system that included Oracle Exadata Database Machines to achieve high performance and scalability.
- Each day, Turkcell's communications network generates about 1.5 billion call detail records (CDRs), the computer records containing details of every phone call that passes through the network. The CDRs, along with other business information, adds up to more than a petabyte of data.
- Using Exadata at the core of its Data Warehouse system helped Turkcell drive significant increases in reporting speed -- a critical improvement for hundreds of business users who run more than 50,000 reports each month to help track market trends, analyze finances, and refine business strategies. In the previous environment, it took about 30 minutes to generate a typical report and as much as four hours or more for more complex analyses. Today, reports are running almost 10x faster and about 90 percent of all reports take less than five minutes to run.
- By consolidating on Oracle Exadata, Turkcell shrank its floor space needs by 90 percent and reduced its energy consumption by 80 percent.
- At Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco 2012, Ferhat Sengonul, Data Warehouse Manager, Turkcell was recognized as Data Warehouse Leader of the Year for this innovative data warehouse implementation that took just 10 weeks to deploy.
- Ferhat Sengonul and his team at Turkcell are responsible for architecting and implementing Turkcell's Data Warehouse.
- The award, one of several categories covered by the Oracle Excellence Awards, honors individuals who demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and innovative use of Oracle data warehouse technologies to the benefit of their business.
- Oracle recognizes data warehouse leaders across Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America / Caribbean, and North America.
- About Oracle Excellence Awards
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Database 11g
- Follow Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 593
Aug. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,482
Aug. 25, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,199
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,543
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,885
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,592
Aug. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 575
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,113
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,747
Aug. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 464
Aug. 25, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,808
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,917
Aug. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,640
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,924
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,995
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,703
Aug. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,275
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,232
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,878