|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further demonstrating Oracle's commitment to helping companies transform supply chains into value chains, Oracle today announced the Oracle Value Chain Summit. The event will take place in San Francisco at the Hyatt Regency on February 4-6, 2013.
- Bringing together its leading supply chain events, including the Product Lifecycle Management Summit, Manufacturing Summit, Maintenance Summit, Logistics Summit, and new Value Chain Planning and Procurement Summits, the Oracle Value Chain Summit is a one-stop event for supply chain partners and users.
- Aimed at helping customers tackle key industry issues and optimize their supply chain, the summit will include extensive networking opportunities with fellow supply chain professionals, a hands-on demo and partner pavilion and almost 200 sessions across all of Oracle's supply chain management (SCM) solution areas.
- The opening keynote on Monday will include a presentation by famous American political economist Robert Reich. Reich served as Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton and most recently was appointed a member of President Barack Obama's Transition Economic Advisory Board.
- Oracle's SCM family of applications provides a complete solution set to enable companies to power information-driven value chains by integrating and automating all key supply chain processes, from design, planning and procurement to manufacturing, maintenance and fulfillment.
The Best of Breed in Supply Chain Management
- To retain the intimate atmosphere of the separate events, while also adding cross-solution context and strategy sessions, the Oracle Value Chain Summit will bring together the previous supply chain events, including:
- Product Lifecycle Management Summit: This event, including Agile PLM and Oracle Product Hub (PIM), will have product tracks covering all of Oracle's Product Value Chain solutions. Attendees will have many opportunities to discuss strategies with peers, discover best practices used by market leaders and industry experts, learn from the knowledgeable team that designs and develops Agile and PIM products, and provide input to help shape the future of Oracle's Product Value Chain.
- Value Chain Execution Summit (Logistics): Focusing on the Oracle Value Chain Execution (VCE) solution, this event will provide supply chain and logistics professionals with a unique opportunity to learn how they can save money, serve customers more efficiently and effectively, and create an enhanced logistics environment for the entire organization.
- Value Chain Planning Summit: This premier event will provide supply chain and planning professionals with the opportunity to learn how to use Oracle Value Chain Planning (VCP) to reduce risk, improve responsiveness to customers, and improve profits. The sessions will provide a unique opportunity for customers, partners, and prospective customers to learn from each other and share information.
- Maintenance Summit: The summit will bring together maintenance and IT professionals from the Oracle community to share experiences on how to effectively operate, manage, and maintain assets. Sessions include topics related to system optimization as well as industry best practices for management of maintenance, reliability, spare parts inventory, and human capital.
- Manufacturing Summit: As a forum to highlight Oracle's manufacturing management and analytics solutions and hear from customers and partners, the summit will share strategies for driving productivity on the shop floor for discrete, process and mixed mode operations. Sessions include topics related to operational effectiveness, quality, cost management, analytics and regulatory issues.
- Procurement Summit: This inaugural Summit for Procurement and Sourcing professionals will deliver interactive sessions focusing on the latest E-Business Suite, Fusion and PeopleSoft applications, and will include Procurement best practices, implementation case studies and customer success stories.
- "Over the past 20 years, no area of business operations has changed more than supply chain," said Rick Jewell, senior vice president of applications development, Oracle. "To help customers convert their supply chains into value chains, Oracle is combining its leading supply chain events into one large summit. The Oracle Value Chain Summit will feature the best of the best in the supply chain industry, giving attendees the opportunity to hear firsthand from Oracle customers and partners on how it's allowing organizations to drive profitability by optimizing supply chains."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,006
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 671
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,898
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 588
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,228
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,142
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,277
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 825
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 280
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,409
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,615
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 541
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 28, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,576
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,335
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,659
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,653
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,569
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 28, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,430
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,073
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,141