|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Further demonstrating Oracle's commitment to helping companies transform supply chains into value chains, Oracle today announced the Oracle Value Chain Summit. The event will take place in San Francisco at the Hyatt Regency on February 4-6, 2013.
- Bringing together its leading supply chain events, including the Product Lifecycle Management Summit, Manufacturing Summit, Maintenance Summit, Logistics Summit, and new Value Chain Planning and Procurement Summits, the Oracle Value Chain Summit is a one-stop event for supply chain partners and users.
- Aimed at helping customers tackle key industry issues and optimize their supply chain, the summit will include extensive networking opportunities with fellow supply chain professionals, a hands-on demo and partner pavilion and almost 200 sessions across all of Oracle's supply chain management (SCM) solution areas.
- The opening keynote on Monday will include a presentation by famous American political economist Robert Reich. Reich served as Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton and most recently was appointed a member of President Barack Obama's Transition Economic Advisory Board.
- Oracle's SCM family of applications provides a complete solution set to enable companies to power information-driven value chains by integrating and automating all key supply chain processes, from design, planning and procurement to manufacturing, maintenance and fulfillment.
The Best of Breed in Supply Chain Management
- To retain the intimate atmosphere of the separate events, while also adding cross-solution context and strategy sessions, the Oracle Value Chain Summit will bring together the previous supply chain events, including:
- Product Lifecycle Management Summit: This event, including Agile PLM and Oracle Product Hub (PIM), will have product tracks covering all of Oracle's Product Value Chain solutions. Attendees will have many opportunities to discuss strategies with peers, discover best practices used by market leaders and industry experts, learn from the knowledgeable team that designs and develops Agile and PIM products, and provide input to help shape the future of Oracle's Product Value Chain.
- Value Chain Execution Summit (Logistics): Focusing on the Oracle Value Chain Execution (VCE) solution, this event will provide supply chain and logistics professionals with a unique opportunity to learn how they can save money, serve customers more efficiently and effectively, and create an enhanced logistics environment for the entire organization.
- Value Chain Planning Summit: This premier event will provide supply chain and planning professionals with the opportunity to learn how to use Oracle Value Chain Planning (VCP) to reduce risk, improve responsiveness to customers, and improve profits. The sessions will provide a unique opportunity for customers, partners, and prospective customers to learn from each other and share information.
- Maintenance Summit: The summit will bring together maintenance and IT professionals from the Oracle community to share experiences on how to effectively operate, manage, and maintain assets. Sessions include topics related to system optimization as well as industry best practices for management of maintenance, reliability, spare parts inventory, and human capital.
- Manufacturing Summit: As a forum to highlight Oracle's manufacturing management and analytics solutions and hear from customers and partners, the summit will share strategies for driving productivity on the shop floor for discrete, process and mixed mode operations. Sessions include topics related to operational effectiveness, quality, cost management, analytics and regulatory issues.
- Procurement Summit: This inaugural Summit for Procurement and Sourcing professionals will deliver interactive sessions focusing on the latest E-Business Suite, Fusion and PeopleSoft applications, and will include Procurement best practices, implementation case studies and customer success stories.
- "Over the past 20 years, no area of business operations has changed more than supply chain," said Rick Jewell, senior vice president of applications development, Oracle. "To help customers convert their supply chains into value chains, Oracle is combining its leading supply chain events into one large summit. The Oracle Value Chain Summit will feature the best of the best in the supply chain industry, giving attendees the opportunity to hear firsthand from Oracle customers and partners on how it's allowing organizations to drive profitability by optimizing supply chains."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
May. 22, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,261
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be
May. 22, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,487
Wearable devices have come of age. The primary applications of wearables so far have been "the Quantified Self" or the tracking of one's fitness and health status. We propose the evolution of wearables into social and emotional communication devices. Our BE(tm) sensor uses light to visualize the skin conductance response. Our sensors are very inexpensive and can be massively distributed to audiences or groups of any size, in order to gauge reactions to performances, video, or any kind of presentation. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Jocelyn Scheirer, CEO & Founder of Bionolux, will discuss ho...
May. 22, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,907
The true value of the Internet of Things (IoT) lies not just in the data, but through the services that protect the data, perform the analysis and present findings in a usable way. With many IoT elements rooted in traditional IT components, Big Data and IoT isn’t just a play for enterprise. In fact, the IoT presents SMBs with the prospect of launching entirely new activities and exploring innovative areas. CompTIA research identifies several areas where IoT is expected to have the greatest impact.
May. 22, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,615
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 22, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,226
Every day we read jaw-dropping stats on the explosion of data. We allocate significant resources to harness and better understand it. We build businesses around it. But we’ve only just begun. For big payoffs in Big Data, CIOs are turning to cognitive computing. Cognitive computing’s ability to securely extract insights, understand natural language, and get smarter each time it’s used is the next, logical step for Big Data.
May. 22, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,728
There's no doubt that the Internet of Things is driving the next wave of innovation. Google has spent billions over the past few months vacuuming up companies that specialize in smart appliances and machine learning. Already, Philips light bulbs, Audi automobiles, and Samsung washers and dryers can communicate with and be controlled from mobile devices. To take advantage of the opportunities the Internet of Things brings to your business, you'll want to start preparing now.
May. 22, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,588
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some form of XaaS – software, platform, and infrastructure as a service.
May. 22, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,080
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
May. 22, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,999
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
May. 22, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,568
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner is Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., will discuss the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conduct a live demonstration of how quickly application development can happen when the need to comply...
May. 22, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,506
Container frameworks, such as Docker, provide a variety of benefits, including density of deployment across infrastructure, convenience for application developers to push updates with low operational hand-holding, and a fairly well-defined deployment workflow that can be orchestrated. Container frameworks also enable a DevOps approach to application development by cleanly separating concerns between operations and development teams. But running multi-container, multi-server apps with containers is very hard. You have to learn five new and different technologies and best practices (libswarm, sy...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,653
SYS-CON Events announced today that DragonGlass, an enterprise search platform, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. After eleven years of designing and building custom applications, OpenCrowd has launched DragonGlass, a cloud-based platform that enables the development of search-based applications. These are a new breed of applications that utilize a search index as their backbone for data retrieval. They can easily adapt to new data sets and provide access to both structured and unstruc...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
Converging digital disruptions is creating a major sea change - Cisco calls this the Internet of Everything (IoE). IoE is the network connection of People, Process, Data and Things, fueled by Cloud, Mobile, Social, Analytics and Security, and it represents a $19Trillion value-at-stake over the next 10 years. In her keynote at @ThingsExpo, Manjula Talreja, VP of Cisco Consulting Services, will discuss IoE and the enormous opportunities it provides to public and private firms alike. She will share what businesses must do to thrive in the IoE economy, citing examples from several industry sector...
May. 22, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,744
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, and physical persons. In the IoT vision, every new "thing" - sensor, actuator, data source, data con...
May. 22, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,070
IoT is still a vague buzzword for many people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Kavis, Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Partners, discussed the business value of IoT that goes far beyond the general public's perception that IoT is all about wearables and home consumer services. He also discussed how IoT is perceived by investors and how venture capitalist access this space. Other topics discussed were barriers to success, what is new, what is old, and what the future may hold. Mike Kavis is Vice President & Principal Cloud Architect at Cloud Technology Pa...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,487
Disruptive macro trends in technology are impacting and dramatically changing the "art of the possible" relative to supply chain management practices through the innovative use of IoT, cloud, machine learning and Big Data to enable connected ecosystems of engagement. Enterprise informatics can now move beyond point solutions that merely monitor the past and implement integrated enterprise fabrics that enable end-to-end supply chain visibility to improve customer service delivery and optimize supplier management. Learn about enterprise architecture strategies for designing connected systems tha...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,760
There's Big Data, then there's really Big Data from the Internet of Things. IoT is evolving to include many data possibilities like new types of event, log and network data. The volumes are enormous, generating tens of billions of logs per day, which raise data challenges. Early IoT deployments are relying heavily on both the cloud and managed service providers to navigate these challenges. In her session at Big Data Expo®, Hannah Smalltree, Director at Treasure Data, discussed how IoT, Big Data and deployments are processing massive data volumes from wearables, utilities and other machines...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,847
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "First Containers & Microservices Conference" will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. The “Second Containers & Microservices Conference” will take place November 3-5, 2015, at Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,719
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists will peel away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud environment, and we must architect and code accordingly. At the very least, you'll have no problem fil...
May. 22, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,618