|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Globe Telecom (Globe), one of the leading telecommunications companies in the Philippines, has implemented Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions for its business support systems (BSS) and operations support systems (OSS) to support the carrier's ongoing initiative to drive better integration of legacy systems and third-party applications and enable re-usable service-based connectivity in a heterogeneous IT environment.
- Serving more than 32 million subscribers in the country, Globe targets to leverage the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) project to support the goal of quintuple revenue growth over the next five years. The project is going to provide the backbone infrastructure and underlying connectivity required for the carrier's BSS and OSS platforms. The integrated solutions include Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- Before the deployment of the ESB project, Globe faced a range of business and IT challenges such as lack of flexibility to adapt to the changing business requirements and keep pace with rapid business growth, and inability to scale up systems performance to address large and unexpected spikes in workload demand.
- In May 2012, Globe decided to move away from the existing IBM-based middleware infrastructure and choose Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions to modernize its IT infrastructure in order to speed time to market, improve system resilience and increase business agility at lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Java, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Applications and ISV applications, while delivering lower total cost of ownership, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
- The pre-engineered and open architecture of Oracle Exalogic delivers the benefits of reduced application integration complexity, shortened implementation time, and increased flexibility to handle high workload demand. It also helps decrease development and maintenance costs as the new robust and scalable platform is able to support future systems deployment.
- Globe had been searching for an appropriate technology solution to support its critical and demanding business requirements for a long time. Oracle SOA Suite is one of the key determinants for Globe's ESB project. Oracle SOA Suite transforms complex point-to-point application integration into a simplified and agile shared service application infrastructure, enabling the re-use of existing resources and minimizing the changes to applications. Due to increased adaptability of the software and enhanced flexibility to scale out the systems, the ESB project is expected to reduce the overall TCO and deliver high return on investment (ROI) in the medium to long run.
- The implementation of the ESB project is targeted to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013. NCSI (Philippines) Inc., a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), provides consultancy and implementation services for the ESB project and covers the installation at the carrier's production and disaster recovery sites.
- "We want our subscribers to 'Enjoy Globe, Your Way' -- this is a goal that we had in mind when the ESB Project was conceived. We hope to offer our customers products and services that are relevant to them based on their needs. In our world today where change is inevitable because of changing markets, rules, and regulations, this is usually expensive and hard to implement. However, our goal of flexibility and agility can be achieved if we have an enterprise architecture that will allow us to adapt to changes faster and drive operational costs down," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "This project makes this vision possible by implementing a solution that promotes Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). With this solution, we hope to address the challenges that a lot of companies face today if their IT and organizations operate in silos."
- "We wanted a solution that will deliver universal connectivity and transformation across heterogeneous information technology (IT) environments. With an improved and more integrated Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), we will have the agility and flexibility to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers at less cost. This new open system will also allow easier integration with our other systems and frameworks to provide a seamless customer experience across our array of products," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "We are confident that in choosing Oracle as our technology partner, we will be able to focus our investment on business growth and development instead of spending on the maintenance of complicated and silo-based systems."
- "It is very encouraging to see the delivery of positive results from the fast implementation of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Exalogic which took less than ten months to complete. The pre-configured and pre-integrated solutions will help Globe improve business agility and become more adaptive to the dynamic changes in the telecommunications industry," said Ying Loong Chin, Vice President, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle ASEAN. "With the breadth and depth of our industry expertise and technology excellence, we are ready to provide telecommunications service providers with more innovative solutions to address multiple challenges and opportunities brought by emerging and disruptive technologies such as social, mobile and cloud in years ahead."
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Service Bus
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Learn more about Oracle Exalogic Customers
- Learn more about Oracle Fusion Middleware Customers
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with Oracle Fusion Middleware on Twitter and Facebook
About Globe Telecom
Globe Telecom is a leading full service telecommunications company in the Philippines, serving the needs of consumers and businesses across an entire suite of products and services including mobile, fixed, broadband, data connections, internet and managed services. Its principals are Ayala Corporation and SingTel who are acknowledged industry leaders in the country and in the region. For more information, visit www.globe.com.ph. Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/talk2Globe and Facebook: http://facebook.com/GlobePH.
About Oracle Exalogic
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a superfast engineered system designed, optimized and certified for running Java, Oracle and non-Oracle business applications with simplified management, open standards compliance and one-stop support. It offers customers the best choice for extreme data center performance, reliability and scalability, and enables a lower total cost of ownership and faster time to market.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,150
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:34 PM EST Reads: 116
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,280
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 935
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:38 AM EST Reads: 168
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 760
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 936
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 641
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 277
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 7,059
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,001
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 1,298
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,797
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 1,627
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 758
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 5, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 965
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 5, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 1,691
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,621
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,138
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,713