|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Globe Telecom (Globe), one of the leading telecommunications companies in the Philippines, has implemented Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions for its business support systems (BSS) and operations support systems (OSS) to support the carrier's ongoing initiative to drive better integration of legacy systems and third-party applications and enable re-usable service-based connectivity in a heterogeneous IT environment.
- Serving more than 32 million subscribers in the country, Globe targets to leverage the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) project to support the goal of quintuple revenue growth over the next five years. The project is going to provide the backbone infrastructure and underlying connectivity required for the carrier's BSS and OSS platforms. The integrated solutions include Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- Before the deployment of the ESB project, Globe faced a range of business and IT challenges such as lack of flexibility to adapt to the changing business requirements and keep pace with rapid business growth, and inability to scale up systems performance to address large and unexpected spikes in workload demand.
- In May 2012, Globe decided to move away from the existing IBM-based middleware infrastructure and choose Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions to modernize its IT infrastructure in order to speed time to market, improve system resilience and increase business agility at lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Java, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Applications and ISV applications, while delivering lower total cost of ownership, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
- The pre-engineered and open architecture of Oracle Exalogic delivers the benefits of reduced application integration complexity, shortened implementation time, and increased flexibility to handle high workload demand. It also helps decrease development and maintenance costs as the new robust and scalable platform is able to support future systems deployment.
- Globe had been searching for an appropriate technology solution to support its critical and demanding business requirements for a long time. Oracle SOA Suite is one of the key determinants for Globe's ESB project. Oracle SOA Suite transforms complex point-to-point application integration into a simplified and agile shared service application infrastructure, enabling the re-use of existing resources and minimizing the changes to applications. Due to increased adaptability of the software and enhanced flexibility to scale out the systems, the ESB project is expected to reduce the overall TCO and deliver high return on investment (ROI) in the medium to long run.
- The implementation of the ESB project is targeted to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013. NCSI (Philippines) Inc., a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), provides consultancy and implementation services for the ESB project and covers the installation at the carrier's production and disaster recovery sites.
- "We want our subscribers to 'Enjoy Globe, Your Way' -- this is a goal that we had in mind when the ESB Project was conceived. We hope to offer our customers products and services that are relevant to them based on their needs. In our world today where change is inevitable because of changing markets, rules, and regulations, this is usually expensive and hard to implement. However, our goal of flexibility and agility can be achieved if we have an enterprise architecture that will allow us to adapt to changes faster and drive operational costs down," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "This project makes this vision possible by implementing a solution that promotes Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). With this solution, we hope to address the challenges that a lot of companies face today if their IT and organizations operate in silos."
- "We wanted a solution that will deliver universal connectivity and transformation across heterogeneous information technology (IT) environments. With an improved and more integrated Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), we will have the agility and flexibility to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers at less cost. This new open system will also allow easier integration with our other systems and frameworks to provide a seamless customer experience across our array of products," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "We are confident that in choosing Oracle as our technology partner, we will be able to focus our investment on business growth and development instead of spending on the maintenance of complicated and silo-based systems."
- "It is very encouraging to see the delivery of positive results from the fast implementation of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Exalogic which took less than ten months to complete. The pre-configured and pre-integrated solutions will help Globe improve business agility and become more adaptive to the dynamic changes in the telecommunications industry," said Ying Loong Chin, Vice President, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle ASEAN. "With the breadth and depth of our industry expertise and technology excellence, we are ready to provide telecommunications service providers with more innovative solutions to address multiple challenges and opportunities brought by emerging and disruptive technologies such as social, mobile and cloud in years ahead."
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Service Bus
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Learn more about Oracle Exalogic Customers
- Learn more about Oracle Fusion Middleware Customers
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with Oracle Fusion Middleware on Twitter and Facebook
About Globe Telecom
Globe Telecom is a leading full service telecommunications company in the Philippines, serving the needs of consumers and businesses across an entire suite of products and services including mobile, fixed, broadband, data connections, internet and managed services. Its principals are Ayala Corporation and SingTel who are acknowledged industry leaders in the country and in the region. For more information, visit www.globe.com.ph. Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/talk2Globe and Facebook: http://facebook.com/GlobePH.
About Oracle Exalogic
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a superfast engineered system designed, optimized and certified for running Java, Oracle and non-Oracle business applications with simplified management, open standards compliance and one-stop support. It offers customers the best choice for extreme data center performance, reliability and scalability, and enables a lower total cost of ownership and faster time to market.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 6,324
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,815
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 7,695
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 4,237
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,640
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,113
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,769
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 5,439
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,805
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,795
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,688
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,178
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,316
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 2,034
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,729
"What is the next step in the evolution of IoT systems? The answer is data, information, which is a radical shift from assets, from things to input for decision making," stated Michael Minkevich, VP of Technology Services at Luxoft, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,582
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,596
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 6,052
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 3,671
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,041