|By Marketwired .||
|January 28, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Globe Telecom (Globe), one of the leading telecommunications companies in the Philippines, has implemented Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions for its business support systems (BSS) and operations support systems (OSS) to support the carrier's ongoing initiative to drive better integration of legacy systems and third-party applications and enable re-usable service-based connectivity in a heterogeneous IT environment.
- Serving more than 32 million subscribers in the country, Globe targets to leverage the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) project to support the goal of quintuple revenue growth over the next five years. The project is going to provide the backbone infrastructure and underlying connectivity required for the carrier's BSS and OSS platforms. The integrated solutions include Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud.
- Before the deployment of the ESB project, Globe faced a range of business and IT challenges such as lack of flexibility to adapt to the changing business requirements and keep pace with rapid business growth, and inability to scale up systems performance to address large and unexpected spikes in workload demand.
- In May 2012, Globe decided to move away from the existing IBM-based middleware infrastructure and choose Oracle Fusion Middleware solutions to modernize its IT infrastructure in order to speed time to market, improve system resilience and increase business agility at lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is hardware and software engineered together to provide extreme performance, reliability and scalability for Java, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Applications and ISV applications, while delivering lower total cost of ownership, reduced risk, higher user productivity and one-stop support.
- The pre-engineered and open architecture of Oracle Exalogic delivers the benefits of reduced application integration complexity, shortened implementation time, and increased flexibility to handle high workload demand. It also helps decrease development and maintenance costs as the new robust and scalable platform is able to support future systems deployment.
- Globe had been searching for an appropriate technology solution to support its critical and demanding business requirements for a long time. Oracle SOA Suite is one of the key determinants for Globe's ESB project. Oracle SOA Suite transforms complex point-to-point application integration into a simplified and agile shared service application infrastructure, enabling the re-use of existing resources and minimizing the changes to applications. Due to increased adaptability of the software and enhanced flexibility to scale out the systems, the ESB project is expected to reduce the overall TCO and deliver high return on investment (ROI) in the medium to long run.
- The implementation of the ESB project is targeted to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2013. NCSI (Philippines) Inc., a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), provides consultancy and implementation services for the ESB project and covers the installation at the carrier's production and disaster recovery sites.
- "We want our subscribers to 'Enjoy Globe, Your Way' -- this is a goal that we had in mind when the ESB Project was conceived. We hope to offer our customers products and services that are relevant to them based on their needs. In our world today where change is inevitable because of changing markets, rules, and regulations, this is usually expensive and hard to implement. However, our goal of flexibility and agility can be achieved if we have an enterprise architecture that will allow us to adapt to changes faster and drive operational costs down," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "This project makes this vision possible by implementing a solution that promotes Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). With this solution, we hope to address the challenges that a lot of companies face today if their IT and organizations operate in silos."
- "We wanted a solution that will deliver universal connectivity and transformation across heterogeneous information technology (IT) environments. With an improved and more integrated Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), we will have the agility and flexibility to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers at less cost. This new open system will also allow easier integration with our other systems and frameworks to provide a seamless customer experience across our array of products," said Henry Aguda, Chief Information Officer, Globe Telecom. "We are confident that in choosing Oracle as our technology partner, we will be able to focus our investment on business growth and development instead of spending on the maintenance of complicated and silo-based systems."
- "It is very encouraging to see the delivery of positive results from the fast implementation of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Exalogic which took less than ten months to complete. The pre-configured and pre-integrated solutions will help Globe improve business agility and become more adaptive to the dynamic changes in the telecommunications industry," said Ying Loong Chin, Vice President, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle ASEAN. "With the breadth and depth of our industry expertise and technology excellence, we are ready to provide telecommunications service providers with more innovative solutions to address multiple challenges and opportunities brought by emerging and disruptive technologies such as social, mobile and cloud in years ahead."
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
- Oracle Service Bus
- Oracle SOA Suite
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Learn more about Oracle Exalogic Customers
- Learn more about Oracle Fusion Middleware Customers
- Connect with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud on Twitter and Facebook
- Connect with Oracle Fusion Middleware on Twitter and Facebook
About Globe Telecom
Globe Telecom is a leading full service telecommunications company in the Philippines, serving the needs of consumers and businesses across an entire suite of products and services including mobile, fixed, broadband, data connections, internet and managed services. Its principals are Ayala Corporation and SingTel who are acknowledged industry leaders in the country and in the region. For more information, visit www.globe.com.ph. Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/talk2Globe and Facebook: http://facebook.com/GlobePH.
About Oracle Exalogic
Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is a superfast engineered system designed, optimized and certified for running Java, Oracle and non-Oracle business applications with simplified management, open standards compliance and one-stop support. It offers customers the best choice for extreme data center performance, reliability and scalability, and enables a lower total cost of ownership and faster time to market.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,436
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,096
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,706
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,230
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,216
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,196
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,040
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 724
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,908
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 623
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,247
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,167
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,298
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 851
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 293
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,426
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 554
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 28, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,595