|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced its SPARC T4 servers featuring Oracle Solaris power mission-critical workloads in over 3,000 enterprises worldwide, nearly 4x the number announced one year ago.
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers have been adopted globally across all major industries, including Financial Services, Telecommunications, Public Sector and Retail, delivering double-digit revenue growth in Q2FY13.
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers deliver superior performance versus comparable servers with 18 world records to date on a wide range of industry standard benchmarks and application workloads, including Oracle Customer Relationship Management and the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Unlike competitive servers, SPARC T4 servers come with built-in OS, virtualization and system management featuring Oracle Solaris, Oracle VM Server for SPARC, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c, enabling customers to simplify cloud deployments, and automate and optimize their data centers at no additional cost(1).
- Oracle Solaris 11.1 on SPARC T4 gives customers the best platform to deploy Oracle software by delivering unique database and Java features only available on Oracle Solaris systems.
- Demonstrating Oracle systems run Oracle software best, the Oracle Optimized Solution for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, which uses the SPARC T4-1 server, delivers 3x faster interactive queries than the IBM Power 720 with only one-third the processor utilization(2).
- With over 25 years of enterprise reliability and scale, SPARC servers and Oracle Solaris continue to power the most critical systems in enterprises delivering excellent business results for mission critical workloads, including the world's number one database and the leading Java EE platform.
- "Adopting the Oracle Optimized Solution for JDEdwards EnterpriseOne based on Oracle's SPARC T4 servers and Oracle Solaris has been a very productive exercise for Multotec," said Renier van Rooyen, Enterprise Architecture Manager, Multotec (Pty) Ltd. "We reduced typical Sales Update processing times by 5x and cut General Ledger restatement processing nearly in half, we reduced deployment risk and time, and significantly lowered acquisition cost compared to our previous solution. We're also using a SPARC server for remote site disaster recovery, taking advantage of Oracle Solaris, the ZFS file system and Oracle DataGuard to achieve full site failover and recovery in under 30 minutes, satisfying our business requirements."
- "To support the implementation of SeicoMart's automatic ordering and demand forecasting system handling supply chain for more than 1,100 retail stores, we needed a high performance, high availability solution capable of handling data-intensive workloads," said Mr. Toru Kikuchi, Executive Managing Director, Systems Planning and Implementation, Seico Fresh Foods Co., Ltd. "Oracle's SPARC T4 servers with Oracle Solaris running Oracle Database 11g provided the best combination of performance, availability, scalability and cost. We achieved high availability and were able to virtualize our systems and backup the data using Oracle Solaris Zones and Oracle Solaris ZFS at zero license cost over the hardware."
- "Oracle's SPARC T4-1 servers exceeded our expectations during performance tests and the Oracle Solaris binary compatibility for our applications allowed us to confidently provision our hardware to the existing workload for 4x the transaction capacity and to achieve a higher level of transaction performance," said Nick Gates, baggage portfolio director, SITA. "It will support the 20 percent year-on-year growth of BagMessage, while enabling us to deliver the service quality that makes it the preferred solution for airlines and airports."
- VIDEO: Carlson Wagonlit Increases Performance with Oracle
- VIDEO: Multotec Saves Time with Oracle Optimized Solutions
- SPARC 25th Anniversary
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Optimized Solutions
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Customers who maintain an Oracle Premier Support for Systems or Oracle Premier Support for Operating Systems agreement can download and use Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center to manage their covered Oracle systems at no additional cost.
(2) Comparison is based on average response time of 0.270 seconds measured by Oracle and published here (p.13): and average response time of sub-second measured by IBM and published here, IBM states "Sub-second" response time, understood to indicate response times not exceeding 1 second. Processor utilization rates are in the same reports: 26% for T4-1 (p.13), 75.2% for Power 720 with 1200 users (p.6).
IoT is fundamentally transforming the auto industry, turning the vehicle into a hub for connected services, including safety, infotainment and usage-based insurance. Auto manufacturers – and businesses across all verticals – have built an entire ecosystem around the Connected Car, creating new customer touch points and revenue streams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Macario Namie, Head of IoT Strategy at Cisco Jasper, will share real-world examples of how IoT transforms the car from a static p...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,489
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,469
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,544
SYS-CON Events announced today that China Unicom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. China United Network Communications Group Co. Ltd ("China Unicom") was officially established in 2009 on the basis of the merger of former China Netcom and former China Unicom. China Unicom mainly operates a full range of telecommunications services including mobile broadband (GSM, WCDMA, LTE F...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,687
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 25, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 822
Big Data has been changing the world. IoT fuels the further transformation recently. How are Big Data and IoT related? In his session at @BigDataExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will explore the interplay of Big Data and IoT. He will anatomize Big Data and IoT separately in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. He will then analyze the relationship between IoT and Big Data, specifically the drilldown of how the 4Vs of Big Data (Volume, Variety,...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 940
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your...
Sep. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 865
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,763
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,537
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,485
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,499
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,668
SYS-CON Events announced today the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp, being held November 1-2, 2016, in conjunction with 19th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Enterprise IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but with hands-on demos and detailed walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of real world use cases prototyped using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone, Spark, and Intel Edison. Y...
Sep. 25, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,808
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 25, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,001
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,517
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,386
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 25, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,355
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,720
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,219
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,041