|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced its SPARC T4 servers featuring Oracle Solaris power mission-critical workloads in over 3,000 enterprises worldwide, nearly 4x the number announced one year ago.
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers have been adopted globally across all major industries, including Financial Services, Telecommunications, Public Sector and Retail, delivering double-digit revenue growth in Q2FY13.
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers deliver superior performance versus comparable servers with 18 world records to date on a wide range of industry standard benchmarks and application workloads, including Oracle Customer Relationship Management and the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Unlike competitive servers, SPARC T4 servers come with built-in OS, virtualization and system management featuring Oracle Solaris, Oracle VM Server for SPARC, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c, enabling customers to simplify cloud deployments, and automate and optimize their data centers at no additional cost(1).
- Oracle Solaris 11.1 on SPARC T4 gives customers the best platform to deploy Oracle software by delivering unique database and Java features only available on Oracle Solaris systems.
- Demonstrating Oracle systems run Oracle software best, the Oracle Optimized Solution for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, which uses the SPARC T4-1 server, delivers 3x faster interactive queries than the IBM Power 720 with only one-third the processor utilization(2).
- With over 25 years of enterprise reliability and scale, SPARC servers and Oracle Solaris continue to power the most critical systems in enterprises delivering excellent business results for mission critical workloads, including the world's number one database and the leading Java EE platform.
- "Adopting the Oracle Optimized Solution for JDEdwards EnterpriseOne based on Oracle's SPARC T4 servers and Oracle Solaris has been a very productive exercise for Multotec," said Renier van Rooyen, Enterprise Architecture Manager, Multotec (Pty) Ltd. "We reduced typical Sales Update processing times by 5x and cut General Ledger restatement processing nearly in half, we reduced deployment risk and time, and significantly lowered acquisition cost compared to our previous solution. We're also using a SPARC server for remote site disaster recovery, taking advantage of Oracle Solaris, the ZFS file system and Oracle DataGuard to achieve full site failover and recovery in under 30 minutes, satisfying our business requirements."
- "To support the implementation of SeicoMart's automatic ordering and demand forecasting system handling supply chain for more than 1,100 retail stores, we needed a high performance, high availability solution capable of handling data-intensive workloads," said Mr. Toru Kikuchi, Executive Managing Director, Systems Planning and Implementation, Seico Fresh Foods Co., Ltd. "Oracle's SPARC T4 servers with Oracle Solaris running Oracle Database 11g provided the best combination of performance, availability, scalability and cost. We achieved high availability and were able to virtualize our systems and backup the data using Oracle Solaris Zones and Oracle Solaris ZFS at zero license cost over the hardware."
- "Oracle's SPARC T4-1 servers exceeded our expectations during performance tests and the Oracle Solaris binary compatibility for our applications allowed us to confidently provision our hardware to the existing workload for 4x the transaction capacity and to achieve a higher level of transaction performance," said Nick Gates, baggage portfolio director, SITA. "It will support the 20 percent year-on-year growth of BagMessage, while enabling us to deliver the service quality that makes it the preferred solution for airlines and airports."
- VIDEO: Carlson Wagonlit Increases Performance with Oracle
- VIDEO: Multotec Saves Time with Oracle Optimized Solutions
- SPARC 25th Anniversary
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Optimized Solutions
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Customers who maintain an Oracle Premier Support for Systems or Oracle Premier Support for Operating Systems agreement can download and use Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center to manage their covered Oracle systems at no additional cost.
(2) Comparison is based on average response time of 0.270 seconds measured by Oracle and published here (p.13): and average response time of sub-second measured by IBM and published here, IBM states "Sub-second" response time, understood to indicate response times not exceeding 1 second. Processor utilization rates are in the same reports: 26% for T4-1 (p.13), 75.2% for Power 720 with 1200 users (p.6).
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 6,324
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,815
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 7,695
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 4,237
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,640
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,113
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,769
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 5,439
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,805
@ThingsExpo has been named the ‘Top WebRTC Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @ThingsExpo ranked as the number one ‘WebRTC Influencer' followed by @DevOpsSummit at 55th.
Jan. 19, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 4,795
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,688
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,178
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,316
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 2,034
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,729
"What is the next step in the evolution of IoT systems? The answer is data, information, which is a radical shift from assets, from things to input for decision making," stated Michael Minkevich, VP of Technology Services at Luxoft, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,582
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 19, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,596
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 6,052
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 3,671
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, discussed the best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Jan. 19, 2017 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,041