|By Marketwired .||
|January 30, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced its SPARC T4 servers featuring Oracle Solaris power mission-critical workloads in over 3,000 enterprises worldwide, nearly 4x the number announced one year ago.
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers have been adopted globally across all major industries, including Financial Services, Telecommunications, Public Sector and Retail, delivering double-digit revenue growth in Q2FY13.
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers deliver superior performance versus comparable servers with 18 world records to date on a wide range of industry standard benchmarks and application workloads, including Oracle Customer Relationship Management and the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Unlike competitive servers, SPARC T4 servers come with built-in OS, virtualization and system management featuring Oracle Solaris, Oracle VM Server for SPARC, and Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c, enabling customers to simplify cloud deployments, and automate and optimize their data centers at no additional cost(1).
- Oracle Solaris 11.1 on SPARC T4 gives customers the best platform to deploy Oracle software by delivering unique database and Java features only available on Oracle Solaris systems.
- Demonstrating Oracle systems run Oracle software best, the Oracle Optimized Solution for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, which uses the SPARC T4-1 server, delivers 3x faster interactive queries than the IBM Power 720 with only one-third the processor utilization(2).
- With over 25 years of enterprise reliability and scale, SPARC servers and Oracle Solaris continue to power the most critical systems in enterprises delivering excellent business results for mission critical workloads, including the world's number one database and the leading Java EE platform.
- "Adopting the Oracle Optimized Solution for JDEdwards EnterpriseOne based on Oracle's SPARC T4 servers and Oracle Solaris has been a very productive exercise for Multotec," said Renier van Rooyen, Enterprise Architecture Manager, Multotec (Pty) Ltd. "We reduced typical Sales Update processing times by 5x and cut General Ledger restatement processing nearly in half, we reduced deployment risk and time, and significantly lowered acquisition cost compared to our previous solution. We're also using a SPARC server for remote site disaster recovery, taking advantage of Oracle Solaris, the ZFS file system and Oracle DataGuard to achieve full site failover and recovery in under 30 minutes, satisfying our business requirements."
- "To support the implementation of SeicoMart's automatic ordering and demand forecasting system handling supply chain for more than 1,100 retail stores, we needed a high performance, high availability solution capable of handling data-intensive workloads," said Mr. Toru Kikuchi, Executive Managing Director, Systems Planning and Implementation, Seico Fresh Foods Co., Ltd. "Oracle's SPARC T4 servers with Oracle Solaris running Oracle Database 11g provided the best combination of performance, availability, scalability and cost. We achieved high availability and were able to virtualize our systems and backup the data using Oracle Solaris Zones and Oracle Solaris ZFS at zero license cost over the hardware."
- "Oracle's SPARC T4-1 servers exceeded our expectations during performance tests and the Oracle Solaris binary compatibility for our applications allowed us to confidently provision our hardware to the existing workload for 4x the transaction capacity and to achieve a higher level of transaction performance," said Nick Gates, baggage portfolio director, SITA. "It will support the 20 percent year-on-year growth of BagMessage, while enabling us to deliver the service quality that makes it the preferred solution for airlines and airports."
- VIDEO: Carlson Wagonlit Increases Performance with Oracle
- VIDEO: Multotec Saves Time with Oracle Optimized Solutions
- SPARC 25th Anniversary
- Oracle's SPARC T4 servers
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Optimized Solutions
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
(1) Customers who maintain an Oracle Premier Support for Systems or Oracle Premier Support for Operating Systems agreement can download and use Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center to manage their covered Oracle systems at no additional cost.
(2) Comparison is based on average response time of 0.270 seconds measured by Oracle and published here (p.13): and average response time of sub-second measured by IBM and published here, IBM states "Sub-second" response time, understood to indicate response times not exceeding 1 second. Processor utilization rates are in the same reports: 26% for T4-1 (p.13), 75.2% for Power 720 with 1200 users (p.6).
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,048
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,524
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,830
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,334
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,313
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,000
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,534
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 648
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,545
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,020
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,317
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,520
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,946
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,987
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,897
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,033
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,030
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,451